1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 09 WR250 First Real Ride Impression

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by WoodsRiderParts, Jun 5, 2011.

1. WoodsRiderParts Husqvarna
    B Class

After torrential rains in Indiana, and flooding, it finally dried enough that I could take my WR out on some dirt farm roads, and through a small woods. This was really the first time I was able to really ride it at all. Here are my initial impressions...

The Good -
    Great Low and Mid
    Great Brakes
    Handles well, got the compression dampening I wanted
    The Not So Good
    Signs off on top quickly
    Spooge out of the silencer (Running Rich of course)
    Headlight is on, but appears it was not hooked up by the dealer...
    Seat Bolt Loosens by itself

Looks like some jetting and odds and ends are in order. I am at about 700 ft, humid Indiana weather! Anyone have any idea on the headlight hookup?

Luke
  2. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I had similar impressions about mine. Mine had a 460 main and I will end up with a 380-390 depending on the air. I went from a 32.5 pilot to a 35 and its working great with the stock needle in the middle notch. Mine still flattens out a little on top but I really think it's the pipe. I would rather have the killer low mid anyway and I'm not interested in trading mid for top end. I think I will end up with one step stiffer spring one the shock and one softer on the fork but it's not bad as is.(I'm 210lbs with no gear) I will probably send it all to LTR this winter for re-valve.. I don't want to stop riding it long enough to do it now. I went to an MT43 and Tubliss on the rear and love it. I went to a 52 tooth rear sprocket yesterday but haven't ridden yet to give a report on that. For the money I don't see how you can beat a left over 09 WR for a woods bike, by the time mine is totally set up like I like it it will be equal in price to a bone stock bike of another brand.

On the headlight I think mine was unplugged and Bill at BMP told me where to look but I just can't remember, sorry.
  3. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    lankydoug likes this.