1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 09 WR250 fuel mileage

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by lankydoug, Sep 11, 2011.

1. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    This topic has come up in several threads so I thought I would put some numbers to my experience and see how it compares to everyone else's.

I rode a tank down to reserve and then drained the remaining fuel into a measuring cup to see how much fuel was left after switched to reserve. I had 1 3/4 quarts of fuel left once I hit reserve (that's with the bike level) if I was to keep tipping the bike to the left I'm sure I could have gone further before reserve.

I was riding on my property which consists of 80% tight singletrack with logs roots rocks and creek banks. It is more suited to trials riding and I'm almost always in 1st gear. I have a couple of small grass track type openings where I may get in 4th for a split second before having to get on the brakes but I spend less than 20% of my time in that area. (Sometimes I wonder if I would have been better served buying a trials bike.) I realize my fuel mileage won't be as good as others simply because I'm almost always in 1st gear and that's not economical. An A class rider would probably be in 2nd instead of 1st and since I've geared down to 13:52 I have used 2nd more than I used too.

So here are my numbers;

I get approximately 42 miles before I hit reserve.
    A stock tank holds 2.2 gallons
    I should get about 9 more miles after switching to reserve.

If I rode in a more open area I believe I would get much farther on a tank but would like to hear what other have experienced.
  2. schrode Husqvarna
    AA Class

i have an '08 wr 250 with the ims 3.4 gallon tank. in 2nd and 3rd gear s.t. i get around 75 miles per tank.
    lankydoug likes this.
  3. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    That seems to be on par with the mileage per gallon I'm getting.
  4. corey43 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 CR 125
    Where are you from in Missouri?
  5. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Rolla is where I live now.