1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 09 WR250 instrument wiring

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Pullened, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Pullened Husqvarna
    C Class

I own a 2009 WR250 and when I purchased the bike the instrument cluster was not mounted. I want to mount. Where do the two yellow wires get connected. I do not have any lights on bike. I thought I hooked it up to the right place but when the bike is running the computer cuts on and off over and over again. Please help.
  2. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    Hopefully you havent already fried your dash.Sounds like it Im at home I\i can dial in the instructions when at work tomorrow if the wierd looking little heatsink isnt wired in correctly it fries the dash.BILLF
  3. Pullened Husqvarna
    C Class

anything would help.
  4. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
  5. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sorry it took me a couple of days I had to take my own Wr apart to show you.The yellow lead from the stator hooks to the short male lead from the dash harness.The 2 blue go to ground on coil bolt or where ever.Theres about a 6 inch longer black single lead with a male yellow from the dash harness goes to the yellow lead with the black tracer from the resistor/diode with all the heat shrink on it/it then Ys off too the Silver square voltage regulator and the black from the resistor/diode goes to ground.Unfortunately if hooked up wrong the dash goes into that repeat mode and may never come out of it.This works on all 2009 /2010 WR125/155/250/300.Any more ?? just ask good luck.billf
    WoodsChick likes this.
  6. Pullened Husqvarna
    C Class

thanks bill i will check it out. thanks for the pics
  7. motomaniac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 RMZ450 2005YZ250 2001 EXC300
    Is lighting voltage AC or DC? I'm getting a 2010 WR300 on the weekend. I night race and am building some LED lighting. The voltage output affects which LED drivers I need to buy. Thanks in advance.