1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 09 WR250 shock dampening

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by lankydoug, Jul 18, 2011.

1. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I've heard from many that the dampening on the stock Sachs shock is a bit harsh and I agree. The stock spring is a 5.4 which was too light for me but not way off as a 5.6 is perfect. I figured before I sent my shock off to get re-valved I would give it a try with the 5.6 spring. My reasoning was that a stiffer spring requires stiffer valving so I'd give it a shot. So I put on the 5.6, set the sag and rode it today for a while and it worked really good, as a matter of fact it rivaled the Ohlins on my GasGas. I have not tried playing with the clickers yet and had them set about in the center and the ride was so good I may just leave it as is. The forks were still harsh which may be another post in the future... I plan on changing the oil and cleaning all the break in grease and oil out and see I they improve.
  2. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    as stated earlier you can sometimes get by with a spring weight change up or down one rate from stock and not have to revalve...it's nice when it works that way. keep the oil fresh and enjoy more consistent damping and longer shock life. some sach's had a weird spike in the rebond or some such if i recall. but yeh yer on the right track by trying the spring first to get the right ride height/set up ya like. good boy!

oiled saran wrap or plastic shoppign bags wraped around the end of the stantion work great for fork seal protectors too during reassbly- but you knew that already! mreeep! :D