1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 09 wr250 silencer repack questions

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by utopia, Aug 25, 2011.

1. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    I got the endcap from the pipe end off and pulled out the old packing. Looks like the inner perforated tube is riveted in. I can't get the other endcap out. Is the spark arrestor also connected to the riveted part or is it just connected to the endcap? I was thinking of trying to tap it out from the inside so I could clean it. Any other thoughts on getting the rear endcap out?
  2. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    990 Adv, Multistrada 1200, 500 EXC
    I have a 300, so I think we have the same spark-arrested setup. I pulled mine apart and it's been a couple seasons now since I switched to an FMF can. I don't recall there being anything unique about getting it all apart but I'm sure some rather crude tools were used in the process of disassembly. As with most things, it was easier to get apart than lined up and back together. I believe there is an o-ring on the end-cap that make it a little bit fiddly. I am not 100% sure, but I believe the sparky was a separate piece and the rivets tied the muffler body, sparky and cap together.
  3. Brad_O Husqvarna
    AA Class

Those O rings are definately a pain in the butt. I wrapped the fresh packing around an old paper towel tube, slid it in over the tube which wasnt coming out, then removed the paper tube. Nice and quick. RTV replaced one of the o rings that got mangled trying to get the end cap back on.
  4. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    +1 Brad_0
  5. tree dodger Husqvarna
    AA Class

The tube and spark arrestor are one piece and held in by the rivets. To remove the spark arrestor to clean it, you have to drill out the rivets. There is no reason to remove the end cap.
  6. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    Using a paper towel tube was a great idea. I would have never thought of that. Worked great and made it quick and easy. After struggling to try and get the o-ring back in, I bagged it and just used RTV. Thanks.