1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc '09 WR300 ignition swap

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Jhunter, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

My riding buddy picked up an '09 WR300 and the previous owner converted it to a 'CR' ignition box. Does anyone have a 'WR' box for sale or trade? The bike runs hard and fast but it's just not good in the tight hilly single track. Email or text me. john_hunter@genpt.com or 404-435-3960.
  2. bsh7680 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    04 PW 50, 08 KTM 50 JR Pro
    i think that your buddy bought the bike off of me. Does he like the bike? I hope everything has been good for him.
  3. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yep, sounds like your old bike. My buddy has done a few things to it. New fork seals, new brake pads front & rear, new plastic, 50T rear sprocket, and some bearings and repair on the swing arm. All easy stuff. The big stumbling block is that ignition. The 'CR' is just too much 'rip' for tight single track and nasty hills...
  4. bsh7680 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    04 PW 50, 08 KTM 50 JR Pro
    The Cr ignition came on the bike when I bought it. I think that that is a mod that alot of people want to do, I would think that he could find someone to trade. You might want to stick it in the classified section too. I liked the hit of the bike, but it was alot for tight single track. I did not have any troubles on the hills, I thought that it had plenty of low end. Glad to see he is enjoying it.
  5. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I already hit John up regarding the ignition :cheers:
    The only time I ride my 300 is between 8-11k ft and I could use all the HP I can get. I could also use some more talent if anyone's got any to spare!
  6. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    You can always put a flywheel weight on it.
  7. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've got a few dumb questions... Did the '09 WR300 come OE with a flywheel weight? If so, how much? If an aftermarket weight is added what would you guys recommend?

Next, what is involved with swaping out the ignition. Is it just a matter of pulling off the black box and unhooking a few wires?
  8. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    The CR swap is a complete ignition, stator, flywheel, wire harness and black box. The only thing the same is the coil.

The 300 just has a heavier flywheel. There is no "weight" added.

10 and 12 once flywheel weights are available for the CR ignition / flywheel. Sounds like you might just go fro the 12oz..