1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 09 wr300 overheats

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by zilly, Jul 15, 2012.

1. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    So i put an after market clutch lever (msr) and perch on my bike and ever since my bike is overheating. I have played with the adjustment on the perch and the mid cable adjuster and just have had no luck. Any ideas? I am thinking i need the shorter clutch cable from earlier-I think 07 to 03 or something like that were shorter.

The bike had never really gotten warm before and now it overheats on any long climb.
  2. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Do you have free play in the cable? The only time my WR ever tried to get hot was when I was practicing full lock turns for about 30min, I was really working and slipping the clutch. WRs just don't get hot like KTMs do so there's probably something up with your clutch free travel adjustment that's causing it to slip.
  3. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    yeah, my bike previously only got hot if i was intentionally feathering the clutch on technical rooty climbs so overheating every time now tells me obviously something is wrong. on my last ride i made sure there was lots of free play at the lever and if anything it was worse. i think i need to look to the mid cable adjuster...could that be so far out of whack that i am getting constant clutch drag?

I wont be doing any testing anytime soon since i also broke my left wrist on my last ride.
  4. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    Bummer
  5. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    yes, thanks. not how i planned to spend my summer.
  6. broken biker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1994 TE 610 2012 WR 300
    did you change gear box oil 2 another brand lately or different brands in the time you have had it?my 610 clutch slipped when plates old but not worn as i dont slip it.broad pwr.looked like plates soaked/stained with oil.new plates,no slip
  7. broken biker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1994 TE 610 2012 WR 300
    slipping clutch can overheat a bike
  8. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Dude, you know that all of these threads you're responding to are from 6 months (or more) ago, right? While it's a nice gesture, I don't think these people are still having the same trouble with their bikes almost a year later.
  9. bdl507 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    99 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    rd350 dr650 tt500 pe250 hondas lots
    Don't forget adjuster under the clutch cover too