1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st '09 WR300 Take 3rd at 2015 Desert 100

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by woodsrider, Apr 16, 2015.

1. woodsrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '16 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    '18 Alta MXR
    Hey guys, thought some of you Husky smoker fans might appreciate this excellent write on surfdirtdaily.com up by John Beal who placed third overall on his '09 WR300 Husky at the 2015 Desert 100 race this past weekend.

For those of you who are not familiar with the race, its one of the largest, if not the largest off road motorcycle race in North America. Enjoy. -Ed

http://surfdirtdaily.com/content/john-beal-2015-desert-100

[IMG]

The race start, I think they had over 1000 race entrants this year.

[IMG]

Within minutes it looked like this. Mayhem.

[IMG]
  2. ryboj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    00TE410_01TE570
    Other Motorcycles:
    '03 Polaris Predator, '86 YZ490
    Controlled Chaos...what a sight! Thanks for sharing. Way cool! Glad to see Husky so close to the top....wonder if he's still using a standard 5 gear setup or switched to a 6th gear trans. I often wish I had a 7 or 8 speed in my huskies out in the desert and I'm spoiled with 6 currently, haha....
    woodsrider likes this.
  3. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    I did this race two years ago on my 09 300. I have to say in 30 years of riding I never had a sensation of a bike feeling in its element more than my 300 at that race. If I had it my way the 300 would be a desert bike only. Get like a 310 for singletrack and maybe a new 501 for duel sporting.
    woodsrider and ryboj like this.
  4. Brian Scott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '01 CR 500R
    I was there on my '11 300! I'm submerged somewhere in that great cloud of dust. Great job Beal! It was crazy as usual and the dust upped the excitement, anxiety and risk factor considerably. I witnessed several collisions due to lack of visibility but none of them serious. Good stuff!
    woodsrider likes this.