1/2 back flip in the desert

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by aya16, Mar 8, 2011.

1. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

I too, went riding last weekend, drove the 230 miles to El Centro to ride/watch the races.
    Very dusty and hot out, but great time.

Gas prices suck, that for sure. I took my kx500 wanting to test the new reed 's, see if that cleaned up my off idle to 1/4 throttle blubber, it didn't, so I'll try and jet it out.
    The dust was incredible, it just hung in the air with no wind to blow it away. But the area around El Centro has a hard crust very little rocks, once you break through the crust you have great traction.

Karen and I got there at 2am sat. morning set up camp and I got up at 6:30am to ride, what a great ride Blasting through the hills sliding around, and hardly anyone up riding yet. The kx ran great except the little blubber, but open it up and she runs real clean.

Sunday I checked in with the pits, and my fav. racer, Him and I took a ride over to the bomb run.
    Well I ate his dust all the way, turning onto the dry lake area, I moved over to another trail to avoid the dust, opened up the bike and I was really flying, maybe 70-75 mph and I could see the guy I rode out there with a good 1/2 mile in front of me, and pulling away still. Shot my confidence all to heck.

Once at the bomb run everyone on the front line all staged and ready to go, they were off,
    wicked fast, very dusty. I got on my kx started back to the pits, came across a kid on an 80
    and just blew him away with the 500, (had to get my confidence back)[IMG]

Packing up getting ready for the trip home, after the race, I tried to ride the pit bike up the ramp into the truck, ramp kicked out and back flipped the bike and me on the ground. I should have gassed it, maybe could have flipped all the way around,[IMG] but no, me the bike landed upside down on the ground. Just changed the handle bars on the little 110 today so were good to go again. Me, not hurt, just pride.

Those that raced the H&H, my hats off to you, very warm day and lots of dust.
    Mike
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Mike someone had a KX500 on pre start row 2, Chilly W was holding it up, yours?
    good news, no injury, could have both very painful and embarrassing to explain.
  3. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

My bike was there, but behind row 3, far right side. She didnt race. THE 500 sure has a history
    with H&H, Destry Abbott, ran one for years, and captured the national title 5 years in a row.

It is a fun bike to ride,and own. Sadly, Ill never be able to wring her out, like it was made to do.
    Mike