10/18/09 MotoXotica ride.

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by XLEnduroMan, Oct 19, 2009.

1. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    To the 14 of you that left the 8 of us to do our own ride :foul: (j/k)

Seriously though we had a kick ass ride! Thanks to Dean and Dave for their map routing and Dean's knowledge of the area and where there was fuel. I am glad I decided to pack the Mendocino NF map after a second thought. It came in handy.

I don't know if you 14 guys had as good a time as us 8. We had the only girl rider with her 08 TE 250 and she went up, down, over, through everything we did. She probably could teach some of you a few things. :p

Had a great time! Thanks to MotoXotica for putting on the ride and to all the great riders that rode. :thumbsup:
  2. kaminari Husqvarna
    A Class

+1 to MotoXotica (Dan, Ann and "Scooter") for sponsoring the d/s ride through the Mendocino National Forest and of the Clear Lake area. My wife and I really enjoyed ourselves with everyone involved and my "lowered" Husky TE610 proved to be stone-reliable through it all. The BBQ was great as well! :cheers:

+1 also to Dean and Dave's "adv-spirit" in planning our own Husky adventure after getting separated from the main group. As part of the "8-group" :thumbsup: I had an awesome time! I think if we had more daylight to burn in the afternoon, we probably would have been riding more single-track trails. :D

Let's see if I can load some pictures...
    (The "Rider's Meeting", part 1)

Attached Files:

3. kaminari Husqvarna
    A Class

The "Rider's Meeting", part 2...

Attached Files:

4. kaminari Husqvarna
    A Class

Hey! That's an ATK...! :D

Officially "separated" from the main group. :confused:

Lunch and some rest at Soda Creek. :snore:

Attached Files:

5. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Well, there would have been 2 gals if this ride hadn't been on the same weekend as the Jackhammer Enduro :( I really wanted to go! Were conditions just as good there as they were at Stonyford! Sweetness!

Glad y'all had a good time, but I'd like to hear more about the "getting separated" part :confused:

Thanks for the photos, Kaminari! Got any more?

WoodsChick
  6. HairlessKitty Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '08 TE 250 w/310 kit; '11 TE 630
    Thanks for the pics Kaminari.

Thanks MotoXotica for putting on the ride, had a great time.

Loved the single track out there, what great conditions we had. I wanted to keep going and going. We 8 made a good day out of it.

WoodsChick sorry missed you this ride look forward to meeting you at the next
  7. kaminari Husqvarna
    A Class

Just a few more pictures...

a) Relaxing the day before the ride...

b) +1 to that fellow riding the KTM Adventure...

c) Deep conversation about the ATK...

d) Parting shot of Soda Creek...

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the picutres. I would have taken more out on the trails but at 5'1", trying to stay on top of that beastly 610 and taking pictures would have been detrimental to my health. :lol:

Overall, conditions were pretty nice. A little dust, some fog/moisture at cloud level, peek-a-boo sunshine and moderate temperatures made it for a great ride. :thumbsup:

As far as getting separated, I think somewhere between High Valley Road and Nf-15n05 is where all the Husky riders started breaking into smaller riding groups. Riding through the fog/cloud level did not help either. :confused:

Everyone did have some concerns about the Jackhammer Enduro event but Dan was pretty sure that we were far enough south/west of said event...although it would've been pretty cool to have all those Huskys show up at once just to see some reactions of the Jackhammer participants. ;)

Before I forget, a big "Thank You" to Veronica & Vicki of Lake Place Resort (www.lakeplaceresort.com) for hosting us this past weekend. I think both ladies were quite surprised at seeing all those "Husky riders" gathering at their place, yet amazed at how much enthusiam was shown for participating at this event.

Thanks again to all and look forward to MotoXotica's next "adventure"!

Attached Files:

8. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Was a fantastic day and weekend. Our hosts Roni and Vicky were great. They were genuinely interested in all these nuts and their Husqvarnas.
    Dan, Ann, and Scooter put on a great event.

As part of the "Lost 8" I can say without a doubt that WE had the best ride!! I didn't take any really interesting pictures, but here's what I do have.

Attached Files:

9. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Looks like great times. Hope to join yall on another ride soon. :thumbsup:
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Looks like you had a great time :thumbsup:

Apparently there is another Dean that rides cause that certainly was not me :)
  11. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

MotoXotica's Sam (Scooter) with his brand new 2010 TC 250

Attached Files:

12. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

More MotoXotica ride pictures

Attached Files:

13. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Is that kid old enough to ride a dirt bike?? :lol:

Dang, that is one fine looking machine...:thumbsup:

WoodsChick
  14. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thank you to everyone that joined us for our ride we had a great time and glad ya'll did too. And a big thanks to Vicki and Roni, the resort ladies really went out of their way to make our "Motorcycle gang " feel right at home!

Attached Files: