10 hole vs 12 hole injector

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by josh310, Aug 24, 2012.

1. josh310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te310
    I have a te310 with the txc ecu and injector. I have herd that the 10 hole injector flows more and I was wondering if anyone has tried both injectors back to back to see wich one is better?
  2. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    I have the 10 hole. It was a PIA to get it to run right. Hogged way too much fuel into the engine and required lots of leaning out with a JD tuner.
  3. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    The OEM ECU/12 port kits just work awesome and the 10 port you need to fiddle with and never seem the same,ECU works wonders,trust me.
    DG Harv Serv likes this.
  4. Grant starr Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 te 250, 2001 klx 400, 92 TT350
    Do you have stock exhaust or Leo Vince?
  5. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    It will probably be difficult to tune optimally even with a JD tuner. It would need a full-range tuner like the Bazzaz or PC5 with a custom dyno tune, or the optional autotune feature. Both are quite expenxive. I would expect the gains to be minimal, as the engine's needs are what they are and any difference between the two when tuned optimally, would be a result of better atomization between one or the other.
  6. Grant starr Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hey MotoMarc, you seem to have good Mechanical Knowledge. I have 2010 te 250 first of the xlites, its been deristricted and I still have original 4 hole injector and ecu with stock pipe! I have ordered jd power tuner I have read about guys putting 12 hole Kawasaki injector in with good results. Was thinking of going this way instead of Huskys upgraded ecu & 12 hole injector and Leo Vince exhaust. What are your or anyone else's thoughts on this? Would stock pipe work ok if I just went huskys ecu & injector? Pretty happy with bike as is but do have probs when its really wet with a lot of popping and motor almost dying which I have read about yesterday with guys saying it is water getting on the coil and or water issue at injector connection.
  7. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    That's probably best answered by people who have done it. Almost impossible for me to wing it and guess. If I had to make a blind recommendation I would say stay away from unmatched combinations. The Husky ECU/ injector will be easier to get dialed in than stock ECU and a different injector, etc.

12hole injector's main benefit would be better atomization and therefore improved combustion. Regardless of how much an injector "flows" they all will have the capacity to provide for the motor at full power. They are really quite simple just a coil that electromagnetically opens then releases the pintlevalve inside. It always flows at it's max, and the amount of fuel delivered is determined by how long the ECM tells it to stay on or open. Longer at high RPM's/large throttle openings. The injector always has 12v at the front side, and the ECM operates it by switching it to ground to open it, breaking the ground to shut it off. The time is calibrated precisely to the flow of a given injector. So switching the injector will always result in the need to change the ECM fuel mapping in some way, either with a piggyback tuner (PC5, Bazzaz, JD, etc.) or with a different or "reflashed" ECM like the Husky one.

Hope this is more help than confusing !

In summary anytime you add a pipe or leave the tune that the ECM was designed to work best at, it will need mapping changes. As many people have noticed, sometimes the mapping as delivered is flawed, due to EPA regulations, production snafu's, or just plain human error.
  8. Grant starr Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for the info moto, it has been a big help! This maybe a silly question but would removing spark arrestor be considered as a tune change? Cheers Grant :thumbsup: