10 Prototypes Husqvarnas Stolen!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by DesertHusky, Jul 19, 2010.

1. DesertHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    What's wrong with people. Keep your freaking hands off stuff that is not yours :banghead:
  3. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

++++++ to what Kelly said. :banghead:
  4. MXRider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Yamaha YZ250F
    There is a special level in hell reserved only for thieves.
  5. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

That happened with Honda at the Montreal SuperX a few years ago. The very first prototype CRF450Rs were stolen from the Honda semi after the race. They were never found.
  6. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    It's been said that this may be an "Inside Job"... Unions are not happy about outsourcing the new engine. When all the Husky press release pics of new factory opening were being circulated, the Italian press was showing pics of all the Trade Unionists picketing outside the factory. Engine production capacity was not increased with the plant addition and they knew what this meant... less jobs. So some think that the workers pinched the bikes, as a protest.:busted:
  7. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

May Lucca Bratzi sleep with the fishes!
  8. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511, 2012 TXC 310, 2013 TXC3
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GS1200, Zero S, Zero DS, Zero FX
    I just heard from my son, Brent who is at the factory working with Wyatt Seals and the technical dept and the press dept on the release of the new TC449 and TE449s and certainly the news is not good about the stolen bikes. I do not think the workers had anything to do with it as Norman surmizes but I could be wrong. I think it was more an organized crime type thing. It sure took a lot of balls for the thieves whoever they were to be so brazen. The good news is that there are still enough new bikes left for the press launch next week.

The even better news is that the new TC449 seems to be working quite well. Brent had the very terrible job of having to break in 10 of them the other day(I guess someone had to do it) and he came away quite impressed. Since he was responsible for the press re-launch of the BMW G450X(which got much better reviews this time around) he knows very well how the BMW runs. He says our new TC449 is nothing like the BMW. The motor is much, much stronger.

Time will tell but for now so far so good.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I ray of light in an otherwise ugly situation. :thumbsup:
  10. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'll bet it's the same guy that stole the I-Phone prototype......
  11. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

It was a bunch of teutonic guys dressed in orange......
  12. silver_fox Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the info. Good stuff!
  13. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

the unions protested against short-time work. i presume they would have preferred to "go the moto morini way"...

r
  14. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    I'm really liking this sentence. The second round of reviews for the 450x were much better than the first round, so the reviews of the new husky should be pretty favorable also. :thumbsup: Good stuff.
  15. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    So how does he break these bikes in? How much time is involved for each one and methodology? Surely that can't be a secret.:D
  16. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Whats the point n stealing these bikes? I don't see any more profit from this theft as any other bike off the street ... And these should be harder to unload I'd think ... Plus, you can't exactly use the numbers off of them in any legal fashion in the future I'd think ... I guess U could grind the numbers off the engine and frame ....

Maybe you could save them and ride them down the road some time but then thieves usually want a profit... Maybe the parts are worth alot ....

Maybe there are bike collectors out there like art collectors ... U know, get the bikes and put them in UR cellar and look at them and never bring them out ...

From the site: (this makes it sound like just thieves being thieves)
    About eighty thousand euro amounts to much the theft made the night between 13 and 14 July professionals probably on commission, as such models not yet on the market: probably intended for hobbyists or unscrupulous dealers.

On July 14 but the bikes were taken directly from the farm: more precisely in the futuristic new headquarters opened in September in Cassinetta of Biandronno. (I guess they forgot about security for the future :( )
  17. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    It's industrial espionage from the orange company.
  18. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

Maybe they can sell the parts to bmw 450x owners. :lol:
  19. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    I would love to get my engine back together, who do I call for parts? :thumbsup:
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Wonderful, is there already a parts issue with this motor?