1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st $100 husky

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by AUSKY, Jul 11, 2009.

1. AUSKY Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE510 96 WR125 00 WR360 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    1999 XR250 83 YZ 490
    $100 Husky Project

I was lucky enough to pick up a Husky 1995 WR 125 for the measley sum of $100 Siezed but fixable!!

[IMG]

[IMG]

As you would expect lots of work to do to.

I was wondering if anyone could help me to -

1. locate a workshop manual

2. locate a wiring diagram.

3. Can these be registered in QLD AUSTRALIA?? (There is a VIN # on plate at headstem & Cagiva plate next to it with the same # on it.)

4. Knowledge of any spares available?

5. Knowledge of any drama's with the model?

Thanks in advance,

DAMO
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Wow, what a cool find! Good luck on it. I can't wait to see it when you are done fixing it up.:thumbsup:
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  4. AUSKY Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1999 XR250 83 YZ 490
    Thanks Coffee & Dirtdame, it does have 11/95 on plate at headstem, so I think that it would be a '96 model. I thought it was 1/95 until I cleaned it up,

[IMG]

There is a lot of surface rust & corrosion on all fixings but they have all come apart quite easily, apart from the linkages, yet!! and they will clean up ok.

Unfortunately it will need all chassis/headset/chain & wheel bearings replaced as it has been ridden in the salt water!!

[IMG]

The piston was seized in the bore & has been repeatedly smashing something hard up against the head & has given it a thorough flogging, it also took a small piece of chrome off it & the main bearings are rumbling like thunder.

[IMG]

[IMG]

So I have a lot of work ahead of me yet, will keep you posted.
  5. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    Look at this!

Attached Files:

• 20.jpg
      20.jpg
      File size:
      87.5 KB
      Views:
  6. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That is a 91 WXE 125 in that pic.......not a 95. I have some 95 stuff still left but from the looks of that bike, and with 100 purchase price, too much to put into it to make it worth while. Just my opinion. no engine parts but many frame and suspension stuff........some white plastic and CH team rraphics and a stock pipe. May even have a "Dynoport" pipe for a 95 somewhere too. (I know where the 91-92 Dynoport in the basement is for sure)

Joe
  7. AUSKY Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1999 XR250 83 YZ 490
    Hi Joe,
    Sorry for my ignorance but what is a WXE?
    I have only known CR/WR/WRE here in Australia? Was the WXE an enduro model? For the US only?
    Well I know I'm in deep but I will be doing all the work myself so labour cost is not a problem & thanks to global economic situation I have time on my side. I've got a parts manual from the local dealer & most consumables I have already sourced.
    I have stripped it down into bags & boxes & the frames now at the powdercoaters.

I'll have to set up the crank & new rod with the local Husky dealer as I've never stripped a 2 stroke to the crank before.
    He told me the marks in the piston & head was the bottom end bearings escaping through the engine, marvelous, that'd do it
    He also told me that the plates on the headstem will allow me register the little bugger when it's completed!! So thats a huge bonus!!

I'm looking at -
    chassis
    piston
    rechrome bore
    conrod kit
    main bearings
    gear shaft
    machining
    gaskets & crank labour
    as well as every bearing on the chassis. STOP LAUGHING WILL YOU!!!:censored:
    Plastics
    Rechrome fork legs & service.
    & many bits I don't know about yet!
    And lots & lots & lots & lots & lots & lots of time & TLC. HAHAHA.:D.

I have allowed $1000 in parts for engine rebuild & think I can have it going well for about $1500 & on the road for $2000 so to me that is still a bargain & a better alternative than picking something up in the paper for $2000 & having to rebuild it, as that is what 125's are going for in Cairns.
    I'm sourcing the WWW for info or parts & any info on this model or '94, '95, '96, '97 models would be most welcome. I will PM you regarding parts Thanks.

I think cosmetics such as plastics & graphics will be hard to come by, see how we go.
    Yes it's a big project but it sounds like fun & the bike being a husky makes it just that extra bit special for me.
    Cost factor will be more than matched by the fun factor in the end.:cheers:
    Thanks for your support!!
    Will keep you posted.
  8. donkeytits1 Husqvarna
    C Class

Need Rod kit too!

Hey mate
    I'm rebuilding one of these too

You haven't found yourself a rod kit have you?

Ive been searching high and low to no avail!
  9. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

10. RUI REBELO Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 125 1996
    hey guyz!
    i'm from Portugal, and i just brought a 125 96 Husky just like yours AUSKY, but in better conditions for 200$ (150€) i just need to get her a full Rod Kit, and a "carburador" (the machinery connected to the air filter, sorry about this bad English language). My question is, where can i found part in the internet at good prices??? is some megastore that could ship that fer me?.

I'm actualy making a small movie of the rebuilding process, and i'll upload to youtube then. And of course, i'll post here the link guyz.

Thank for any help you can provide to me.

Regards/Rui
  11. mikey Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    honda cg 125
    Ho I have recently bought a husqvarna wr 125 and have done a full engine rebuild had my top end sent of and re nickelled now I am looking at my wireing loom and cant seem to find a cdi can sum 1 please help me and tell me if ur wr 125 95-97 has got a cdi please coz this would help me loads
  12. wooddee Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    86 240 WR,09 300 WR.
    Try www.soldamoto.com he has 93-95 nos front guard and 95 tank shrouds nos.
  13. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    You have responded to a post that was made 3 1/2 years ago. The bike was rebuilt long ago.
    Coffee likes this.
  14. AUSKY Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1999 XR250 83 YZ 490
    Hey Mikey
    The Wr motors have an analogue ignition with no CDI. The stator was wired directly to the coil, light blue and black/white wires are the cool ground if I remember correctly.
    The yellow wire is the power for the lights and the ground or earth is via the frame.
    I don't know what happened to that thread as it had the complete rebuild on there.
    Bikes still going great
    mikey likes this.
  15. mikey Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    honda cg 125
    Hey thanks for the info thats exactly wat I needed to no don't suppose any 1 can tell me the diameter of the con rod in length and the lil end etc that would b much appreciated
  16. mikey Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    honda cg 125
    Or we're i could get a 95-96 Conrod kit please
  17. AUSKY Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1999 XR250 83 YZ 490
    Hi Mikey,
    The conrod for these motors is almost impossible to find now, Ive tried here in Australia, USA, Britian, France, Italy & Germany, your best bet would be to try & find a dealer who has NOS in his shop or EBay.
    I have tried the many different rod manufacturers with no luck, Ben Van Erp was the last shop I knew of who stocked them, but they are not cheap.
    I think he is in the Netherlands.
    http://webshop.benvanerp.nl/

See below for the dimensions in mm. This rod was slightly worn on the big end but still ok.
    CONROD - 800067005
    LE - INT DIA..LE - WIDTH...BE - INT DIA...BE - WIDTH....OVERALL LTH.....LE - BE SHORT SIDE... CNTR - CNTR
    ......20.00......... 16.00............. 30.00............ 16.00.............. 144.50................. 78.65..................... 103.65
    BIG END BEARING CAGE - WIDTH....... OD........ID......ROLLERS - OD......PIN - OD.....PIN - LENGTH
    ............................................15.70...... 29.85.....24.65...... 3.00.... ..........24.00........... 51.20
    THRUST WASHERS - WIDTH......OD........ ID
    . ...................................1.00........39.80.....24.00
  18. bud7041 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te250
    This is a great websites
    But how do you translate into English.can anyone help
  19. mikey Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    honda cg 125
    Thank you very much
  20. AUSKY Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1999 XR250 83 YZ 490
    Hi Bud.
    If you do A google search for online translators you should find it easy to read in english after translation