11 TE310 - 12 Hole and ECU fitted, 4500RPM idle!!

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by TigEr310, Oct 28, 2012.

1. TigEr310 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Hello my Husky brothers and sisters.

I'm hoping you can help me out, I have just installed the 12 hole injector and ECU to my '11 TE310. Everything seemed OK until I started it. It idles at around 4500+ RPM! I rechecked all the fittings around the throttle body, all seems air tight, the exhaust header was glowing after a short idle.

Any ideas where I should look next??? The idle screw and adjustments to the throttle stop didn't appear to do anything... On the plus side, it didn't bog off idle.... :)

I would really appreciate any assistance. Thanks very much!
  2. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

You need to reset the TPS with ibeat after changing the ECU .
  3. TigEr310 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Bugger.... The place I bought it off said it was 'plug and play'. My nearest dealer is 260Kms away, would any damage be done if I put the old ECU back in with the 12 hole injector still installed?? That is until I can get to the dealer.
  4. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It will run super rich with the old ECU.
  5. TigEr310 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    I feel a bit silly now, of course it will run rich. At least it won't do any damage. I'm packing into a crate next weekend to ship it (along with another 310) about 3500 Kms. It's a long way to go for a bike ride. Long story short, there's a dealer in Canberra I'll get him to sort it.
    Thanks for your help.
  6. RHOK Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha R1
    L

let me know how you go with Daihlitz I once asked them if there was difference in the swing arms of the smr510 and te510 - they said they were exactly the same but everthing I have read is contrary
  7. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Do you have the high idle lever at the handlebar beside the clutch? It could be that the cable has come out at the brass fitting or the plunger could be plugged and not working properly. If you follow the cable down to the side of the FI where it screws in. If you work that with engine off you should be able to tell if it is working properly.
    robertaccio likes this.
  8. TigEr310 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Oh, that's interesting RHOK, I hope they know what they're talking about my missus just bought a '12 TE310 from them..
  9. TigEr310 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Thanks very much raisrx251, I'll check that tonight before I refit the old ECU.
    Larrygt likes this.
  10. TigEr310 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Hi, the cold start lever was jammed, thanks for the advice!
    When I put the tank back on it got caught up. I've freed it up, idle back down to 2500Rpm which is not great, what's worse is the glowing hot exhaust header after less than a minute....
    I think the planger for the cold start lever might be jammed perhaps??
    I'm going to put the original injector and ECU in tonight and see what happens.
  11. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

No problem, you can turn the enrich screw out some and may help, should be about 2-3 turns out. On my bike I have had that plunger get hung up inside the EFI and then it would not let the idle go back down. I had to take that out and clean it up. I also put a zip tie on the rubber boot on the cable so mud and water can't work its way down into that plunger. You will see it where the cable goes into that piece on the efi, there is a boot that can take a small zip tie. You definitely have to set the TPS but I don't think that is causing the high idle, most times the TPS setting causes a stumble.
  12. Aaron8 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good job raisrx251 :applause:
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Note: It was plug and play on my 2011 TE310, removed the old injector and ECU installed the MY12 TXC310 injector and ECU and have never touched anything. Been riding and racing the crap out of the thing with no issues..
    bhima likes this.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

For sure :thumbsup:
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    header tubes are thin and the Ti ones glow almost instantly. This is common and not to be worried about.
  16. TigEr310 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Hey Everyone, thought I'd give you an update on this.
    I put the original ECU and injector back in, started it up went straight to a perfect 1900Rpm idle. I took it out for a few hours, no dramas..
    I'm going to book it in to the dealer and get them to fit the gear and see if they can find an issue with the new ECU or the 12 hole injector.