'11 TE449 Snowbike

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by guscycle, Nov 1, 2010.

1. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    Found this while checking out Facebook...In case you need more reasons to ride all year! :thumbsup:
    View attachment 6984

Guscycle
    came from 911unlimited.com...couldn't open their web page,but are under that in Facebook

Attached Files:

2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    can you say photoshop.
    But you can bet the sno bike wizards will be hard at work on that, when the time comes.
  3. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't think it's a chop, as the reflections and shadows are normal. AD Boivin makes the Xplorer system & has already produced one for the BMW G450X & Husky Big bores. It should bolt right up to the new TE's without any further R&D.

I rode one of these in 09 and they are a hoot. They corner like they're on rails. The need big power to run tho....
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I want that BAD. I have ridden the snow bikes and they are WAY fun. You will need to talk your friends into it though as the snow bikes and the sleds don't really do the same thing. You want others on snow bikes to have FUN.
  5. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx
  6. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    If we did that in Oz the tree huggers would kill us. We actually have more snow area than the swiss alps. Unfortunately apart from designated ski areas the naysayers would kills us if we fronted with a snow bike- heck they look like an absolute blast.
  7. HuskyFede Husqvarna
    A Class

As far as I understood it's not for production, or maybe it will be next. It's for a movie. Tom Cruise should have fun on it :-)
  8. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

The ski and track system shown has been in production and widely available for several years now. It bolts right up to the bike & only takes about 3 hours the first time you do it. After that it only takes about an hour to do the swap between wheels & ski/track. They use specific adaptors to fit the system on different bikes & will build adaptors for bikes that aren't listed on their site.

http://www.adboivin.com/home_adboivin.aspx
  9. Linc Husqvarna

I've ridden the AD Boivin Explorer and the 2 Moto conversion kits, and they are cool, but they lacked the deeper snow capabilities, I had a SnowHawk and that was a blast, but this turns my crank, i think this will take over from the other two. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVAymaFEqzs
  10. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    ^^ agreed! After riding the 2moto kit a few times it is indeed a blast, but deep powder becomes more work than fun. I think that timbersled setup is the way to go out of the 3 conversion kits available.
  11. RLW Husqvarna
    AA Class

It's not a 2011, but here a pic of the Husky Snowbike conversion David Kamo was riding last weekend at snowbike race in McCall, Idaho. IMG_2240.jpg