1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc '11 wr 300-missing crankcase breather hose

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Brian Scott, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Brian Scott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '01 CR 500R
    Somehow the breather hose and elbow/union managed to disappear. That's a first. I've order oem replacements, but I am not sure they'll be here in time for this weekend's race. Assuming dry conditions this weekend, can I run the bike w/out the hose and elbow without fear of loosing any tranny fluid? I may be able to rig a short piece of tubing into the hole on the crankcase, but it may likely come out during the race. Please advise. Thanks.
  2. uranys Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    00 wr360/02 wr360/09 wr125/09 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    96 xr600r
    I'd be more worried about sucking grit in rather than pushing fluid out. I'd measure the hole and head to the hardware store and try to find something that will work.
  3. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    It just plugs in (unless you have snapped the fitting in), either way Uranys is correct or you can tap a hose fitting into it ... just make sure you flush the tranny fluid out afterwards :thumbsup:
  4. Brian Scott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '01 CR 500R
    I used a 12" long section of 1/4" OD vinyl tubing, shaved the end down slightly to fit, and secured it in placed w/some black rvt silicone. Easy-peazy.
  5. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    93 kx 125 with a kdx 200 engine.
    I shoved a hose in the hole and zip tied it to the intake boot. You can use compressed air at low pressure to blow metal shavings out as you tap the hole. Put the air hose in through the oil fill hole. And of course i would still change oil.