1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc "11 wr250 ultimate all round jetting, fuel ratio and wiring help needed.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Dom morgan, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Dom morgan Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 te310r
    Evening all. I've recently bought an '11 wr 250. Can anybody give me the ultimate all round carb settings and fuel ratio. I'm running 14t front 48t rear. Also I've ditched factory wiring loom and want to put a my own wiring harness on but need pointing In the right direction to achieve it.
    Cheers
    Dom
  2. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Jetting depends on what carb you are running, what the conditions are where you ride (elevation, temp, humidity), what parts the bike has on it, and maybe some other things. It's impossible to answer with the information you provided.

By fuel ratio, I assume you mean the premix ratio? I run 40:1, works fine.

As far as the wiring harness, what "pointing" do you need?
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep, need more info. what carb, what type of riding, what elevation, what don't you like about it now?
  4. Dom morgan Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 te310r
    Hi thanks for getting back I'm running a 410 main 35 prim 2nd from top on needle which I'm unsure of size a no. 5 slide. Bike seems to bog now and again. I'm in the welsh valleys so around 1500-2000ft a.s.l.
    Riding conditions varey from tight wood to open fast hare & hounds conditions are usually WET. As for wiring direction witch cable do I start on from the plug under the tank which contains a red and yellow.
    Cheers
    Dom
  5. Dom morgan Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 te310r
    Sorry the carb is stock mukini
  6. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    Try raising the needle. When I was using the Mikuni on my 09, I was using needle in the 3rd clip at 6000 ft and a leaner pilot. From my experience, I think the starting diameter of the stock needle is too lean and the pilots are too rich to compensate. I'm not sure if they use the same needle in 2011. BFY43-74 was stock for mine I think. If I were going to ride mine at 2000 ft I'd be putting the needle in the 4th clip, but that's just me, it may not be right for you. Try the needle in the 3rd and see if it improves.