1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc '11 wr300 need to repack silencer, but can't get either end off

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Brian Scott, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Brian Scott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '01 CR 500R
    So what's the trick to getting either the front end piece or back end cap off of the silencer off so I can repack it? I've removed the 4 screws/bolts at each end (left the rivets in place). With a rubber mallet I can push the end cap in slightly, but can't pull it out (was trying w/a pipe spring puller). I can also get the front end piece to wiggle slightly outward, but again can't pull it out. I only need one end off. I assume each end is sealed. Do I need to apply heat to break it? Use an exacto knife? What's the trick? Will I need to reseal it when done? If so, will black rvt silicone suffice? Thanks.
  2. kx3089 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    I apply heat then pull pipe out of canister some tapping with mallet may be required,pull hard
  3. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    theres a rubber oring seal & silicone in the stinger end-real tight fit as youve found out! i put mine in a vice with alloy clamp inserts or timber then using a mallet & some bits of timber or punches(go easy) tapped the cannister off the core. this is for the AUS version silencer but yours should be similar just with a S/A in the tip i think(ours are welded tips only-no rivets-remove core from stinger end). the ridge where the mounts are is raised a bit so best to start there & work ya way around. just tap it off evenly. tight to get back on too. heat may damage the oring id reckon. didnt bother with silicone when reinstalling because it was such a tight fit & figured a bit of spooge & carbon build up would seal it anyway. no probs so far:thumbsup: oh yeah like kx3089 said pull hard, 2 man job maybe, one tap one pull. haha