11th place finish in MX2 racing 2012

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ray_ray, Sep 24, 2012.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Here's some words on the last race of the season ....

Congratulations on a successful season ..

09/24/2012

The world motocross championship circus stayed last weekend at the Teutschenthal track in Germany for its final race of the 2012 season. Alessandro Lupino on the Husqvarna TC250R was
    unable to finish in the top ten positions of the championship standings. The Husqvarna Motocross Team by Ricci Racing rider finished in tenth and nineteenth place, which put him into an overall eleventh place in the final standings just a few points off the top ten.

In the first heat Lupino fought back from seventeenth position getting ahead of Coldenhoff in tenth place. Starting again from the back of the field in the second heat the Husqvarna rider tried everything to get back to the top ten on a course on which it was particularly difficult to overtake. With two laps to go Lupino had even managed to pull back to twelfth place, but a mistake whilst attempting to pass Butron stopped the bike and he lost more than a minute restarting it. This mistake made only a nineteenth place finish possible.

Monticelli showed his best performance so far in his first season in the world championship picking up seven points for a fifteenth and twentieth place finish.
    Next Sunday Alex Lupino joins the Italian national Motocross squad for the Motocross of Nations at Lommel in Belgium.

Alessandro Lupino: “A real shame! I made mistakes in both the starts. I felt good and had shown myself to be fast yesterday. In the first race I was picking up positions well but if I hadn't started out so far back, I would have been able to finish much better. From the start of the second race I was unable to find the pace and concentration. I couldn't get ahead and I made too many mistakes. Then two laps from the end the bike cut out on me. I really messed up everything. I'm sorry for Husqvarna and for the team that was rooting for tenth place in this world championship. The bike has improved so much this year and I've given my very best.'

Lupino3D.jpg Lupino_Monticelli_action.jpg Monticelli3D.jpg
    motohio likes this.
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It's better to have finished 11th than never to have raced :cheers:.