12 hole injector a worthy upgrade?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Todd Riley, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Todd Riley Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Xr650
    Hi guys I just bought a 2010 te250 and have done an enduro and hare scramble in the last two weeks. The bike bogs a little in the bottom end which causes me some problems when going slow through hairy stuff. I've read a little about the 12 hole injector and ecu upgrade really improving bottom end... Anyone have any knowledge about it?
  2. Indorider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha TZM, Suzuki RGR (2 smokers)
    I haven't done the injector /ecu upgrade but installed a PCV/ autotune and the bike doesn't miss a beat. Stalling gone, low rpm bog gone and it seems to have much more power.
    Tinken likes this.
  3. Todd Riley Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Xr650
    Thanks for the tip what exactly is a pcv/ autotune?
  4. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    The injector/ECU upgrade helps, but gearing is important as well. What are you running?
  5. Todd Riley Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Xr650
    A previous owner changed the sprockets... Don't know the exact numbers but I believe he went up 3 teeth on the rear and down a tooth on the front... So she's tourqued up good its just the bogging that's an issue
  6. Arctra Husqvarna
    AA Class

Tinken likes this.
  7. Indorider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha TZM, Suzuki RGR (2 smokers)
    thanks for the explanation. I was offline...
  8. Freaky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250 x-lite Race ECU/Injector
    Yes, do the upgrade. I wasted money and far too much time with fuel injection tuners (JD Tuner) and although I did improve the bogging and hesitation it still had issues and would stall at the most awkward moments. Get the injector and ECU and the bike will ride how it's supposed to with no messing and no more headaches!!!
    12 tooth front and 50 tooth rear seems to be the most popular gearing choice and also what I run.
    Todd Riley likes this.
  9. Todd Riley Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Xr650
    Thanks guys really appreciate the help! Howbout installing the injector/ecu does it require a professional or easy it pretty easy to do?
  10. Freaky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250 x-lite Race ECU/Injector
    Remove the tank and the ECU is simply unplug the old one and plug in the new. For the injector I would recommend taking the throttle body off the bike before attempting to undo the two pozi drive screws which hold the injector in, they are tight and you can't easily get a screw driver on to the screws and get any real pressure behind it, hence, they round off as they are soft. Put the body in a vice, carefully, and they will come out with a good fitting driver and plenty of downwards pressure. Put new injector in, replace dodgy screws with cap head bolts and put it back together, if you're handy with the tools it will only take an hour or so.
    Motosportz likes this.
  11. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    I did mine while I was swapping out the stock rears shock spring for a fat@$$ spring. With the subframe and shock out of the way, it's easy-peasy to remove the old injector and install the new one, but I would highly recommend squirting some kroil on the fuel rail screws it letting is soak for an hour or so before trying to remove them, otherwise you will likely strip the heads off. If that happens, you can use a hammer and small chisel to give them a few light raps and break them loose. I recommend replacing them with allen head cap screws. The ECU is under the tank, so you have to remove the tank to get to it. Nothing particularly difficult about that. Do you have access to iBeat? You will probably have to reset the TPS when you are done.
  12. JLou Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    250 TE 2010 ( New Motor )
    Other Motorcycles:
    TWO KTM GS 125 1984 + 1985
    Hi, For me, I buy 12 hole injector + ECU + Ibeat, change TPS setting to 102.4 en CO setting to 110 109 108 and it's not comparable, no bog. So, after, I also have rework my stock exhaust, and make my own powerbomb... and wow... what difference! She's very punchy and have good torque at low rpm...
  13. Aaronc Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 txc 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    97 xr 400
    instead of kroll or pb blaster if you don't have any a little heat on the screw heads to melt the threadlock will help takin them out. no need to go crazy with a big torch or anything, just a small soldering iron or troch
  14. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    There was no threadlock on the screws I removed. I think they stick because of dissimilar metal (galvanic) corrosion.
  15. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I like the 12 port injectors and the PCV & autotune is superior to the ecu swap out. PCV is not a tuner, it is an ecu replacement that is fully adjustable.
  16. CrankN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    The ecu and injector set up is only good for the '10 & '11 models?
  17. Todd Riley Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Xr650
    No I don't have access too ibeat... How much is it and is it difficult to use? I found a dealer near me who will do the injector and ecu upgrade install it and tune it for $500... Is that a good price?
  18. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Yes. The kit is around $380 alone so add tax and labor and you get to $500 fast.
  19. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS

When you look at the Special Parts Catalog you see quite a few combinations of ECU and either a pipe or the 12 hole injector. It (ECU and injector) is definitely available for the 2012 TE250 or 310 model. I've got it on my 2012TE310.

http://www.halls-cycles.com/fckimages/file/Special_Parts_2012_IT-EN.pdf
  20. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    The iBeat software and cable from Semco Designs is $295, so if you do it yourself it would be $675, however, you would still have the iBeat software to adjust CO settings and do TPS resets, as well as fuel injection diagnostics.