1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

'12 TE310 and iBeat

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Mike-AK, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Now that my bike is well broken in, I've been playing around with the CO settings in iBeat. I changed my oil yesterday, and every time I do that, I hook it up to the computer to reset the TPS, as it seems to drift a lot. I took the opportunity to play around with the CO settings while I was at it. I had previously set it at 102, 105, 108 and it ran ok. What I found out from my experimenting was a bit surprising. It actually ran better at 100, 98, 100 (my bike has the TXC ECU and 12-port injector). I had been experiencing a bit of midrange bog that turns out was partly due to over fueling. I think the guys reporting great performance with the higher numbers must be running race pipes. With the stock exhaust, it looks like they are a bit rich. The other thing contributing to bogging in acceleration is my ass. It could use a bit of leaning out as well. :D
  2. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I know that's been one of your complaints about the bike, it's cool the hear that it helped a little. I could use a little leaning myself lol.
  3. LBM. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Honda CB550F
    Hey Mike,
    I find with the iBeat hooked up to my 310 that the tps does seem to drift (vary) if the engine is not up to full temp, really needs to be rode around the block first and once fully hot (almost to the temp that the fan cuts in) when you set at this temp it remains the same when rechecked again hot. Good luck with the tuning, really helped my 310

2011 te310 at 79.3h
  4. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TXC310, WR300, 85 125WR, 82 175XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    So, will ibeat work with my '12 TXC310? Sounds like something I might have to look into.
  5. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Yes.
  6. Tim Randall Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr125 / WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Where can one buy ibeat from? I'm gettin tired of taking my 310 back to dealer for tuning as my bike seems to detune itself after a while and runs like a bag of potatoes. Dealer is close by but I am getting sick of this.
    Cheers :)
  7. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    There's I link for Semco if I remember right in the site sponsors section
  8. Micfasto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400, Vstrom
  9. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I think the stock 4pt injector likes slightly highers CO readings while the 12pt likes it around 100.
  10. DMan Sparky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2012
    Other Motorcycles:
    Drz-250
    The semcodesigns web page says iBeat only works on 32bit windows. Is this correct? Surely in this day and age it should work on 64bit.
  11. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    nope only works with 32bit. I had to find an old laptop to run it (ask around a buddy of mine had a few to choose from in his closet at that time that were just not the newest bestest laptops but were completely functional) . The software came out right around the new windows 32/64bit (but just before) and many programs became incompatible with 64 bit...
    Mike-AK likes this.
  12. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    So Mike, is it easy to reset the TPS and make minor adjustments with this software tool? I have the same model and year as you. I also think our bikes both have the TXC ECU with the 12 point injectors.

TIA
  13. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Yes. Very simple. Just connect the PC to the bike using the SEMCO cable and the connector behind the headlight. Turn on the ignition and the kill switch and you can use the software to reset the TPS. Start it up and you can adjust the CO1, CO2, and CO3, all with a mouse click. Very simple and very easy.
  14. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    Does anyone know the difference between ibeat 2.0 and 2.1? I have an ibeat 2.0 setup that I don't need.
  15. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R

You might try setting the Compatibility Mode to something like Win98 and see if that works on a 64 bit system.

Right-click on the program launcher > Properties > Compatibility and choose from the dropdown list.
  16. everfree Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    86 430AE (2), 88 430AE, 87 430WR (2)
    Other Motorcycles:
    87 250 XC, 87 430 CR, '17 GG 300
    There's a thread on this site where Tinkin talks about the ZipTy race maps that are available for download, including for the 310. You have the ECU and injector upgrade, if you added a race exhaust, you could give their map a try. It sounded like they had the map sorted for the 310. If I had iBeat I would try it on my TE310, since I have made all the TX mods including exhaust and I still lack smoothness at throttle changes.
    Just a thought...
    Dave
  17. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    I believe you need the HST to change the map. There's no way to do it with iBeat. You can set the TPS and CO values, but not change the map.

Actually, I believe you can only change the map on the '13 models with Keihin FI. Earlier models need PCV to use a different map.

I could be wrong...
    DG Harv Serv likes this.
  18. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    ....and I see a JDTuner for sale in classifieds, which would provide some limited fueling adjustment.
  19. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    I don't think smoothness is possible with the Mikuni injection.
  20. everfree Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    86 430AE (2), 88 430AE, 87 430WR (2)
    Other Motorcycles:
    87 250 XC, 87 430 CR, '17 GG 300
    Ah, I didn't think of that. Just trying to sort out what's possible is a pain.
    Thanks Mike.