1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc '12 Wr125/ Cr125...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by inklax2, Feb 5, 2012.

1. inklax2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR150
    The cr weighs in at 202.8 and the wr 222.7, what makes up for the 20 pound difference between the 2? Getting close to pulling the trigger on one and really trying to figure out which is better. I will be using it exclusively for trail riding/ hare scrambles. I know the wr would be the clear choice but the 20 pounds of extra weight and ignition is scaring me a bit.
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I really don't think the CR is quite that light nor is the difference 20 lbs. The WR has the larger ing., kick stand, and headlight kit. I don't think those would weight much more than say 10 lbs. myself. Most feel the CR is easier to get jetted and snappier. I have the 08 CR and have ridden the 09 WR (jetted properly) and could feel a noticable difference. The WR is smoother pulling and if I rode in woods I think I may go that way. My CR125 is now a 144 and it's actually easier to woods ride than a WR125 as it has better bottom -mid pull. Now you can take it even further with the new WB165 kits! Hey you should get the "free" 150 kit with your new 125. I don't think you can make a bad choice between the two. Good luck.
  3. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Interested in this also, we'll be pulling the trigger on one (maybe 2 if I can convince my CFO) this summer/fall. Ridersville has two WR's in stock for a great price.....really wanted to bring one home yesterday.
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The Ducati digital ignition that Husky put in the '12 WR125 is quite a bit better than the old analog ignition. It still has quite a bit more flywheel weight than the CR and you can feel it but it isn't that bad. Celticdude's once jetted well really runs well as a 144. The CR is still going to have more snap and be easier to jet. If you are going to trail ride it a lot the kickstand is a plus. The difference in weight while somewhat noticeable, the WR is still flick-it light. The added fuel range of the 2.5 gal tank on the WR is also a plus. If I was buying a '12 I would probably lean toward the WR, especially as it will be a 165 immediately and the ducati ignition works great with that motor. That motor actually likes some flywheel weight. JMO
  5. inklax2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR150
    John01, I got those weight numbers directly from the husky site. I appreciate the good input guys, keep it coming.