1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc '12 WR300 Wheel Bearings

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Rik Lipscomb, May 11, 2012.

1. Rik Lipscomb Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 250 XC 2008, 990 Adventure 2011
    With some suspicion that all the posts I've researched about lack of grease on new bikes couldn't be totally true, I decided to go ahead and remove the wheel bearings from my yet to be ridden new wr300 to find they actually do not have very much grease from the factory; however, to get the bearings out it is virtually impossible not to remove them from any point other than the inner ring which put quite a bit of stress on the ball bearings. Should I just scrap these and buy new ones.

Also, I've not done the front hub yet but the rear has 3 bearings. I paid no attention to where they were when removed but 2 are made in France and the other in Italy. They look to be the same other than slight difference in the grease covers so I'm thinking it makes no difference where these go back in (if I even re-use them). Does it?

If I need to buy new bearings to replace my "new" bearings, where do you suggest I purchase good quality ones (not China crap).

Thanks
  2. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Once you pound out the bearings they are compromised.
    Woulda been better to let them wear out first but......

The thick bearing goes on the brake disk side and the 2 thinner ones are stacked on the sprocket side of the wheel.

Do not...try to put them in any other way.

The cheap All Balls kits work okay....chinese I bet.
  3. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    All balls work good, but same deal, not much grease, and thin, light grease at that... Sounds like you already know to grease them...