1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 123 miles...Blame and redo or,,, just redo

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by timpjr, Sep 3, 2012.

1. timpjr Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    93 WXC 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    EVT America 3000w Scooter
    Man.... Just can not catch a break. Sat. at Moon rocks, end of our fun ride trying to clean it out before loading up and seizeeeee. Lucky for me I was uphill from the truck this time not eight miles out. So whatda think...

006.jpg 007.jpg 012.jpg 013.jpg 016.jpg 017.jpg 018.jpg 019.jpg

Was it me, them, or just bad luck ?
  2. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Nasty!! Hate when that happens..... Lets see a pic of the plug, assuming it hasnt fired since this bike seized.
  3. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Looks to me like it ate something.
  4. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Plus 1 on it ate somthing, or lack of exhaust bridge relieving.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Let me guess, you were riding a fast section and let off and then it started to tighten up, then seized? Looks like a lean seize from getting off the gas at speed.

Not going to turn this into an oil thread but I have never done this with amsoil but seen it on several other bikes. I saw my (a friend was riding it) 125 husky do 50 miles of gnar with no coolant and the rider did not even know other than "Man my air filter must be plugged as this thing lost some power". the next day we go to ride, bike has no compression. Pull it down and the piston was torched, the power valve arm was melted into the bottom of the cavity (gone) and the head paint was burnt but... no seize. Mad me a believer.
  6. timpjr Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    93 WXC 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    Actually I was WFO in 5th when it tightened up then Seized, almost went over the bars. Man this is frustrating, just want to ride you know.
  7. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

That is a plain and simple lean main jet seizure. Very common.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    yep
  9. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    So, how about a shot of that plug now? I'd be especially interested in seeing it if it were in fact a lean main.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Sure looks like pistons i have cooked due to lean conditions back in the day.

did you check piston to cylinder clearance when rebuilding? And end gap? Piston might have been to tight too. ??? Just trying to keep you from repeating this. Usually there are A,B,C etc pistons of slightly different sizes.

Also some knowledgeable people drill a few more oil holes along the center bridge like the one that is there but 2 more below it to help oil this hot spot.
  11. timpjr Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    93 WXC 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    OKy Doky..

003.JPG

Ya Ya ... I've put a few together. Did not check clearances this time figured the well known shop I used for plating and piston fitting would have made it right. The oil lube holes are there just scuffed over. I'm stumped, is it possible to have run too rich. I was still in process of jetting, it was only the third time out since rebuild completion. It had been running pretty good would have to clear it just a bit after downhills ect. The new PWK was sent to me with very rich settings due to some mistake on someones part, bike info was provided at time of purchase, but thats just part of the chain of events here. I did at least 5 heat cycles before i ever put it into gear. I now wish I had checked clearances, I have the tools.:banghead:
  12. timpjr Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    93 WXC 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    Race fuel easy to get here too but at 8.00/gal.... I usually use Chevron 91 with Bel Ray HR1. This is the second bike that has seized with Bel Ray, maybe just a coinkidink. I cleaned everything up and it looks like the cyl can just be honed with the next over piston. How do you get the aluminum off the cyl wall. Also the power valve pivot holes are sloppy never noticed that before, quite a bit of free play. doesn't look like they contacted though. is it ok to clean out the crank cavity or should I split the cases and clean the bearings ?
  13. Lincolnlock Husqvarna
    AA Class

Oven cleaner will take the aluminum off the cylinder wall.
  14. timpjr Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    93 WXC 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    I get the cylinder back this week. Cracked the exhaust bridge so had to be stripped, welded, and replated..$$$. On a good note they gave me a break on price, there are still some of us around. There is a VP station here in town (Reno) they have a 100 octane pump gas, I think it's unleaded. Is that good enough or should I go back to VP110. At least I get free gas cans with the 110. Also on the exhaust valves I picked up a new pair and was told they are a consumable item, kinda like pistons .. also found out they changed part numbers, was there a problem with the earlier valves ? Hardness, longevity..