1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st 125 144 165 250 300 lectron throttle cable

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Chums, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'd like to discontinue my account
    So I ordered a longer cable from lectron for my 14' cr165 since the stock one is way short even without the lectron and even shorter with it. The cable wasn't perfect for the 125 so I've been playing with adapters from lectron as well as the cable.

Long story short my 14' wr300 cable is a perfect fit on the 125. It wraps through the forks and up behind the number plate and has adjustment on the cable and carb in both directions, it does not thread into the carb. You keep the brass lectron adapter. The pull is just as easy as the stock 125 cable.

The lectron cable fits on the 300 nicely but may have some rubbing issues with the upper motor mount bolts and the cable, it threads into a standard lectron fitting not the brass fitting. It has adjustment in both directions as well. It sounds like Kevin at lectron is working on an updated cable that will thread in as well as take care of some clearance issues. I previously ran the stock cable but used a heat gun to form a low profile 90 which worked well to clear the motor mount, I didn't notice any more resistance in the throttle twist. I did notice slightly more resistance with the lectron cable but this could just need to be broken in a bit.
    woodsrider likes this.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Great info, thanks.

K
  3. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Pic 1- The 300 cable vs the stock 125 (300 cable has a little bend at the end from being installed on my 300 but I was able to bend it straight again)
    Pic 2- The ends of the same cables (300 cable has the longer cable end)
    Pic 3- Routing of the 300 cable on the 125

Attached Files:

4. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Pic 4- Lectron cable on 300 ( I installed Red heat shrink, I busted the brass end trying to bend a 45, I didnt have a rubber boot so this worked as a temp band aid and water proofer)
    Pic 5- Lectron cable on 300 ( notice rub point on frame mount bracket and bolt head) only about 3/4" from top of frame to top of carb)
    Pic 6- Stock 300 cable on 300 ( I used a heat gun to bend a low profile 90 so it would go under mount bracket and bolt head stiff at first but worked in nicely)

Attached Files:

5. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'm completely happy with the 125 cable set up now, I'm not concerned that it does not screw into the carb. I used the non-screw in set up all last year and this winter with absolutely no trouble but I always made sure the rubber boot was pulled over the nut on the brass carb bung helping to keep the cable in place. I guess if a you had a tree branch or something catch just right on your throttle cable you could go for a ride? A straight end or 45, threaded, stock wr300 cable type set up would be slightly more ideal.

For the 300 using the lectron cable, I feel it either needs a big sweeping 45 to get up and over the mount bolt or possibly straight and could be about an inch shorter in overall length. There is not much clearance but when the carb is level the cable just clears the frame on the left side however you end up squeezing the cable between the gas tank and frame once the tank is on. With the Motion Pro / Lectron cable the diameter is much smaller than stock so it will fit in this area.