1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 125 144 165 dyno comparison??

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by SARG, Dec 25, 2012.

1. SARG Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 cr 125 now a 144 gonna b a 165
    Other Motorcycles:
    yamaha,ktm,moto guzzi. ducati.
    got my heart set on a 2012 cr125. would really like to see a hp and torque comparison. really curious on how the 144 and 165 compare to the ktm 150 as that bike is my next choice. thanks guys!!!
  2. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    This gives a comparison on the 144s
    wr 150 dyno.jpg
    Motosportz and lankydoug like this.
  3. SARG Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 cr 125 now a 144 gonna b a 165
    Other Motorcycles:
    yamaha,ktm,moto guzzi. ducati.
    thanks. dynos sure do vary. those are low numbers but still tell the taLE as to which makes the most power. i had a dyno run on a modded 07 yz450. 38hp. just about shit myself until the the owner of the dyno explained to me that every dyno is different.
  4. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Remember, you're looking at the dynos of the woods versions not the MX'rs.
  5. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Very little difference on HP. The MX will have a internal mag ignition to spin up faster and the Offroad bikes will have a larger flywheel so the bike will lug lower and maintain traction better. Same top ends. The difference is the dyno used. BUT it still is a comparison between the brands on the same dyno.
    CelticDude likes this.
  6. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    The service manual represents the CR as a competition (full power) engine, while the WR is stated to be (limited power) in need of transformation.
    Does this indicate the difference in the coils only?
  7. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    What Vinduro said. As far as the motor is concerned, they are identical except for the ignition. I know this well since I put the CR ignition on my WR. The WR even shares the same CR transmission since 2003! That's why I installed the 2002 WR gears in mine. :D I think the service manual may be referrring to the WRE street version sold outside the US.
  8. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Then why do the CR and WR have different part numbers for the cylinder and the pipe? I'd conclude there are more differences than the ignition, or they wouldn't carry different part#'s.
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Having done a ton of work with both cylinders, I think the only real difference between the two is the power valves are different between the two. Strictly a difference in bottom elevation and a slightly different bottom shape. Port timing is virtually the same. When I am done with them they are identical.
    Vinduro likes this.
  10. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    Having a WR 2002 I can only say that the gearing does work for me (as the obvious $$$ is the reason for making it all the same (CR and WR)) what is the real difference between the 2002 and later models?, as it becomes now clear to me why I am sometimes supriced by the sprocket gearing that some of you running and I would not do that with my bike (I am aware hat there are more then one parameter is playing in the decision of sprocket gearing)

Robert-Jan