1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 125 / 144 / 165 Owners Poll

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by MattR, Jul 11, 2012.

?

Do you have a WB165?

Yes, I have the WB165 kit and loving it. 25 vote(s) 29.8%
Not yet, but I plan to buy it. 42 vote(s) 50.0%
No interest. I'm happy with the 144 kit. 12 vote(s) 14.3%
No interest. I'm happy with it as a 125 only. 5 vote(s) 6.0%
  1. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    If you read this forum, you already know about the popularity of the Husky 125. Then, the 144 kit came out and many upgraded (lucky new owners get a free 144 kit direct from Husky... cool). Now, a new kid is on the block and the WB165 kit is gaining momentum quickly.

I thought it would interesting to have a poll to see how many are WB165 owners or soon-to-be. This could help aftermarket companies (and Husky) gauge the interest in this fantastic engine. Hopefully, this will lead to more product down the road.
    WoodsChick and wallybean like this.
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Put in my vote for the WB165 and LOVING it. Rode it today at my house in the woods and the more I ride it the more I like it :applause:. Now with my EXP, I don't know if even Walt can top this. BTW I wouldn't bet against him :notworthy:. Thanks Walt!
  3. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Matt,

Thank you for doing this as I would love to have Husky produce the bike that I love.
    WoodsChick likes this.
  4. tnttimber Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've been in contact with Walt and Kelly on my WB165, my stuff is headed to Walt on Monday for modding. I plan on campaigning theses bikes in the A-vet class for the 2013 Western National Hare Scrambles series as well as the D36 Cross country and enduro events.

Want to thank Walt for taking a bunch of time talking to me about how theses bikes are going to be built and what I can expect as far as performance. Also a big thank you to Dan at Motoxotica for helping me get back on the Husky brand.

Nate
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Can't wait to read your ride report and good luck next year Nate. Have you had a chance to sample a WB165? Anyway congrats on your soon to be new Husky.
  6. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    The only problem I see with this WB 165 is that my face is not big enough to put my grin on. :D:D:D

Robert-Jan
    WoodsChick, Motosportz and john01 like this.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    There was no selection for "yes I love the 165 so much I have several" so I just picked the 165 one :cool:
  8. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    My vote would be "I'm interested in buying a 125/144 to build up for my son but used Huskys are hard to find"
  9. bbc Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 tc 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 power wheels quad my sons
    My vote is "own a tc449 but wish I had a cr165"
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    "
    No interest. I'm happy with it as a 125 only." one vote... Jake? After he rides mine he might change his tune :>)
  11. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    My WR 15o is brand new.... But when it's time for a rebuild I'm gonna go that way... If that kit make a great bike even better I'm all in...
    huskybear likes this.
  12. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    My daughter just returned from a 100+ miles of HMT area roads/trails and some pavement with her 2012 CR144 and she has no complaints. I think I may be spooling up for a WR125/144 later in the year......it will have a WB165 shortly after purchase.
  13. luvwoods Husqvarna
    AA Class

I know this will date me (like my 84 wr won't!) but seems like we may come full circle to 175's/200's.......just sayin.
  14. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That's cool by me!
  15. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    I would vote still enjoy my 125 but MAY try a 165 someday.
  16. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    I would definitely recommend riding a 165 first if you can before you commit. I rode Walt's when he was visiting and it is not for me. Imagine a good handling Bultaco 250 Alpina without the blubbery Bing carb. Very torquey bottom end followed by a strong mid-range and early sign-off. I love it when my 150 hits on the top end and screams. May not be the fastest way down the trail but it makes my old heart go pitty-pat. :D
    huskybear likes this.
  17. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    I too may be seduced by the 165 one day, but for now I like the power delivery of my 150:thumbsup:.
  18. David Howell Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 WR 250
    Ahh! choices choices! You are correct about bringing the mid displacement bikes back. More folks need to learn basic bike prowes before slappin' 50 horse power between their legs:eek:
    bbc likes this.
  19. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Doug,

I have tried a pipe that makes the 165 rev like your 150 but with way more upper mid and top. Not as much bottom and not the best pipe for me as it makes it a handful in tough stuff and my talent limit. Several options for more top oriented powerbands.

As far as that goes I just bolted my 165 top end onto my '12 WR125 with a RB Designs carb and the power band is identical to the 150 power band with the stock pipe. Just more everywhere and rev's. Not ideal as bottom/mid is not what it should be with any of the converted 200 pipes.
  20. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

what do you think of the Rb Tmxx Walt