1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 125 Lectron fuel mileage

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by lankydoug, Aug 17, 2013.

1. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I'm thinking of buying a Lectron for my yz125 and I was wondering what kind of difference in gas mileage you get. My Lectron equipped 250 gets way better mileage when you ride it in the mid but if you ride it wide open (which I don't have the skill to do) it uses almost as much as the Mikuni. I figured the 125 would be WFO a lot more and wonder how other 125 Lectron owners were getting along. I understand the performance benifits of the Lectron but the YZ doesn't have near the issues that the stock 125 Husky has, in fact mine runs really good which is why I'm having trouble pulling the trigger.
    steadydirt likes this.
  2. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    I had a Kehin that was getting bad Mileage. I went from 55 miles per tank with the PWK, until BONE dry, to going 70 miles with the lectron, and still having about 5-10 left in the tank.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

YZ125 and 250 run pretty freaking good stock and get better milage than huskys. Not sure you will see huge gains but then again you might. I'm getting 4-7 MPG better on average.
  4. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I was only getting 16mpg with the Mikuni. 18mpg with the PWK. I am regularly getting 22-32mpg under race conditions. now.
    lankydoug likes this.
  5. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I recently got only 70 k lms from my 9 litre tank with my mikuni on my 08
    I ran out before last hill and had to push bike
    Nothing in reserve for some reason
    To me this would be the biggest plus for a lectron
  6. tnttimber Husqvarna
    AA Class

I won the AMA western hare scramble A-vet class this year on a stock beta 300rr with 36mm lectron and could go 50 miles on the stock 2 gallon tank before pitting. I could only do about 37 miles with the stock keihin carb. On a 125 you will probably see not as much of an improvement because you will be riding it pinned! I think the 165 huskys are doing so much better on milage with the lectern because they have the power to not ride them like a 125.
    Motosportz and lankydoug like this.