1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 125 wr 2007 got broken.. any suggestions?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by smalldubster, May 11, 2011.

1. smalldubster Husqvarna
    C Class

Hey all. I managed to borrow my bike away, to a close friend of mine.(shouldnt really do that).
    He was away for a long time, and called me, saying the bike just stopped at the end of a long hill..(on the road).

So after getting the bike home, i tok the plug out(br9es) and saw that the ignition tap(the tap at the very end of the plug) was gone [IMG]- like melted away or just snapped off?
    i noticed some other things also. The piston was not round anymore, it was more like an umcomple circle. missing piston materials at the end where the exhaust valves are placed. 3rd thing i noticed is that (with new spark plug) it wont ignite? no sparks are coming out of it.. is the coil dead?

any suggestions?
    im running
    Fmf fatty - powercore2
    420 main
    about 3% oil
    13-45 sprockets.

Was it reach og lean? to much rpm? clutch out + no gas = no lubrications? i dont know what the hell he have done when he ride the bike. just told me that it stopped at the topp of a hill.. was a downhill before the top incase of any questions about that.

Pictures will come tonight! im omw to the workshop to look at it :)
  2. smalldubster Husqvarna
    C Class

pictures is here

Attached Files:

3. smalldubster Husqvarna
    C Class

some more

Attached Files:

4. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

if it was out of gas then it ran lean at that point....2 strokes made for the trail are not really "road worthy" because if he was running at top speed for extended periods of time it may have not had enough lube in the cylinder which would cause it to seize up. I'm no expert, just my opinion... G/L

Hopefully, send the cylinder off for a new coating & a new top end & it may live again.
  5. smalldubster Husqvarna
    C Class

so you think the cylinder needs repairing? i though so too.. hmm
  6. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

yep, all that scaring on the cylinder wall from the rings...I mean you could try a new piston, rings & bearing but I don't think it will last very long.... Millinium Technologies http://www.mt-llc.com/
  7. smalldubster Husqvarna
    C Class

i Think i will try with a new piston and rings.. and if it doesent work, il send it :)
    thank you!
  8. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

go ahead & buy 2 top ends as once you install on bad cylinder & run the piston & rings will not be worth using on a newly worked cylinder.
  9. smalldubster Husqvarna
    C Class

2 top ends? can you explain it in a softer way? :)

and do someone have an idea what happend just by looking at the damages?
  10. racer726 Husqvarna
    AA Class

The nikasil coating is junk in your cylinder. There appears to be gouges and scratches. If you run your fingers across the bore and ports, you should be able to feel rough edges. It looks like your exhaust bridge my be cracked as well. I can't tell from the one picture.
  11. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Your cylinder coating is destoyed. You will ruin the rings quickly, it will not build much compresion. If it does run for any length it will peel off more of the coating, and wear into the aluminum of the cylinder, although i think it would destruct before then. All of this will cause the cost of repair to increase as your coater will have to weld and machine on the cylinder. Two other options are http://www.usnicom.com/ and http://www.powersealusa.com/. I have used us chrome before, they seem easy to deal with. Google "two stroke cylinder damage" and you will get a long list of symptoms and causes for what happened to your piston/cylinder.

Exhaust side siezures are typicaly from lean jetting conditions.
  12. smalldubster Husqvarna
    C Class

I cant really feel the scratches with my finger, but in the end they will be larger and sharper edges as you say :)

I will send it right away then :)
    Since i live in norway, il send it to sweden, think the shipping is cheaper or is it the same to the usa companies?
  13. smalldubster Husqvarna
    C Class

any clues why i wont get anysparks? i did the google diagnostic and i found a matching picture to my piston and it says: The main causes of this problem are too lean carb jetting, too hot spark plug range, too far advanced ignition timing, too much compression for the fuel's octane, or a general overheating problem.
    can somthing have gone terrible bad with my coil?/cdi
  14. smalldubster Husqvarna
    C Class

my air jetting er 2,5 turns out. shall i try 3 turn out? isnt that much? or should i try some needle positions?
  15. racer726 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Double check all of your electrical connections. Look for bare wires. Also, unplug your kill switch and see if you get spark then. You will probably never know what caused the bike to blow up. It could have been your friend holding it wide open down the road. 125's don't last long doing that...
  16. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Looks to me like aluminum transfer to me. Place some muratic acid on those spots for 15 seconds or so and wash with water or get out the scotch-brite pad and some soapy water.
  17. smalldubster Husqvarna
    C Class

you mean the scratches in the cylinder? as my finger can tell, it is not rifts, but like a layer ontop of the nicasil.
  18. tony_dt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah Hammer has a point. I remember when I was a young lad my first Husky 88 125. It was brand new, I ran it down the road. The bike seized a bit but still ran. I tore it down and I had aluminum stuck to the side of the nikisil cylinder walls. I took a small amount of muratic acid on the alum and washed it off. I never had to replace that cylinder, I still have the bike. That being said it does look like some scratches there but hard to tell from the pics. Be careful with the muratic acid it is very dangerous.
  19. smalldubster Husqvarna
    C Class

Thanks tony! i will try it out :)
    The cylinder is almost new, so was the piston (wiseco). The long stripes that goes all the way upp and down are just tearing from normal or maybe hard use :) nothing serious there. but the spots with aluminium /or scratches is a little more serious. i hope the acid will help me :)

Thanks all. This forum is so more better than the norwegians. All the people with experience and knowledge lives in this forum!
  20. smalldubster Husqvarna
    C Class

i tryed the muratic acid.. and wow.. my cylinder looks like new :) im glad i didnt send it! pictures will come! thanks all!