1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 125s And A Rekluse..opinions

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by racemx904, Jan 29, 2012.

1. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    Okay....I did it...I couldnt find a husky within striking distance so I picked up a 08 125sx that is cherry.... it came with a Z Start Pro in the box never installed....

How many guys use them on the tiddlers? I am gonna install it tomorrow I think...

Also has anybody tried a 19" trials tire?

Well this thing doesnt have near the "cool" power of my 02 Husky but it will do I just hated the 200xc power....so here we goo...
  2. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    I put a rekluse pro on my wifes 105 sx and it really really hepled it alot for trail riding.Most poeple love it or hate it.
  3. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    well I really liked it on "other" bikes...TE250(which prolly had less power than this 125), WR300, WR250, EC300, 200xc....

so I guess I will put her on tomorrow....
  4. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    I have a EFM on my wr125, I am spoiled, want go back. A 125 needs it more than bigger bikes in my opinion.
    GP
  5. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    makes sense that it needs it more or someone more on top of the clutch...sold...throwing it in today
  6. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Why do you need an auto clutch ? Burns up the clutch faster. Can't be bump started. Never seems to kick in where you need it most. 125 / 150 clutches are super easy so it is no strain. I have tried EFM and Recluse. Sold both. Never again.
  7. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'm not an ISDE veteran, I am a boat racer, auto clutch means there are less things to learn!
    Never have had clutch wear issues with auto clutch. Not for everyone, but the new ones that retain the use of the manual clutch work pretty well.
    454x likes this.
  8. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    The only reason I am considering is the local trails are super rooty and slick....

Dwight the Rekluse are not for you we know...but obvisously they are for a lot of people....
    454x likes this.
  9. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You were asking for opinions...................................................
  10. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The answer is yes... Next up do the left hand rear brake...Can't live without that
  11. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    You will love it for the trail. The auto clutch will allow the motor to spool up a little before it engages kinda of putting the motor in the meatier or closer to the meatier part of the power band with no wheel spin .Pure hook up and you can still feather the clutch if needed.
  12. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    sorry dwight just giving you a hard time
  13. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Dwight, you will be happy...after riding it a few hours...I just sold the Rekluse and going at it old skool...
    jmetteer and Vinduro like this.
  14. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

My DynoRing only lasted one ride also. I bought it used in the classifieds with one ride on it. I noticed the guy I sold it to had it back for sale quick. I guess the auto clutch is not for everyone.
  15. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I actually liked it on some of the other bikes(300s mostly) I have used them on...on this 125 I hated it...absolutely hated it...
  16. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    It does make me re-think a auto clutch. With the 165 I wonder if it is worth it or not. I would like to try one (rent one?) :D for a bit if anyone is game!
  17. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Maybe with the 165 you will like it...I know with the 125 it doesnt have enough power to use the "torque" of the motor...so I ride it high in the RPMs most of the time...so the Rekluse may do some good when I get to a little more technical stuff....but I tend to attack hills and not wait until the very bottom to figure out a plan so the only time I can see a problem is rooty sidehills...and if that is the only scetchy time I am just fine...lol i can still jump off and walk beside for a second...
  18. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    I use the auto clutch to keep from stalling in slow technical sections and the manual at higher speeds. If you had one of the older clutches that would not be possible. I really don't use the clutch that much, with the close ratio box I just shift to keep it revving.
  19. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I think you hit the nail on the head. The 165 has plenty of torque on the bottom to pull through tough stuff using the slipping action of auto.
  20. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

The Rekluse can burn thru plates faster- only if you set it up that way...ie. for mx style usage with higher RPM engagement. If you set it up like a Honda 50, ie. twist & go with low RPM engagement, the clutch plates will last a lot longer than with any other type of engagement.
    My TE 250 has 350+ hours with a Rekluse z-start, ridden in all types of conditions & lots of use of manual over-ride(I usually just leave it in 3rd in the single track & fan the clutch out of corners etc.). The plates are still at stock specs, showing essentially no wear. One thing I like about them is that the higher the RPM, the more clamping force they put on the plates, reducing potential slippage. Stock springs can only put so much clamping pressure on the plates & have higher potential for slippage as the plates wear.

Guys that set them up for MX style higher RPM & harder engagement seem to get more wear on them.... Also, if the clearances are inadvertently set too high, it can lead to a lot of unnecessary slippage or engagement issues.

At the end of the day, not everyone adapts to them & still prefer a manual, which is fine with me. Whatever works for the individual....:)
    water racer likes this.