1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st '13 news?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by DVXC, May 15, 2012.

1. DVXC Husqvarna
    A Class

Lots of stuff on the '13 KTMs out today.

Any news on Husky stuff? I like to keep in the loop, really considering leaving the Orange Army for no reason other than a change of pace but the bikes need to be freshen up a bit. A 6 speed and CC forks could seal the deal for me.
  2. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Keep hearing that Husky has a ALL NEW DI 250 2 stroke comming. Time will tell I do know I have a deposit on the first one
  3. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
  4. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I sure hope they DON'T come with DI . Nothing wrong with a good carb. Much easier to maintain.
    Gotlabs and utopia like this.
  5. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    As most change the carbs on there Huskys for a Keihin they DONT come with a good carb
    If it takes DI to get a new smoker to the people I for one will welcome it with open arms, the days of a carb being better than a injected bike are now well behind us !
    Have you lifted the bonnet (hood) of your cars lately????? and if you have its not to be tinkering with that awfull smelly thing that dribbles fuel into it as and when it feels like it (carb)
    After spending a life time covered in fuel, dropping little bits of brass or needle clips in the mud/grass/sand ect I welcome the change.
    The dinosours had their day and upright man then got his chance! Good job we all dont think alike or we would all riding horses or being pulled by steam engines
    :oldman:
  6. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Looks like loads of fun cleaning mud out of all those torx fasteners!
    typeone likes this.
  7. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I agree. I do not want DI or any EFI on my 2 stroke. The whole point of a 2 stroke is ease of maintainence and low cost. Both these will be gone if they introduce DI on 2 strokes.
  8. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"
    I

I am a fan of the carb too. But if EFI could make my 300 a green sticker bike, it would be very tempting. I now have my tmxx working perfect and on my last bike, a Kawi klx450, The R&D power bowl made that carb perfect.
  9. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    DI would make 2ts street legal and improve power enough to possibly force the AMA to handicap the 2t more so that Honda could keep selling 4 strokes motocross bikes. I too like the simplicity of a carbureted 2t and I won't be the first guy to buy a DI but if they prove themselves reliable I'm all for improvement. They sure enough are dominating snowmobile racing.
  10. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    It would be awesome if there were two different 2 stroke models. Well, besides WR/CR. You could get a WR-T (technical) or a WR-C (caveman). Starter optional on the WR-C.
    lankydoug likes this.
  11. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
  12. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    I'm not sold on DI technology either since there is still a lot of problems associated with EFI on dirt bikes. I don't do a lot of trail riding though so it may be ok for that.........but then again I have my stock carb working fine on my 3honey.
  13. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husky was the first to have a street legal dirt bike and now I hear a street legal 250/300 DI 2 stroke is just around the corner but first we wil see a DI dirt bike.
    All rumor but at least it has us all talking Look at this way if the DI does not work the way you want I am sure some one like Walt will make a kit to either improve it or change it
    Almost nothing comes these days with a carb.
  14. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    I do like the idea of greater fuel efficiency and cleaner emissions. It would be very cool to do be able to do a 100 mile ride on a 2.5 gallon tank. And no, it doesn't look too complex on the dyno, but what if there's a problem with some component when you're 40 miles out on an 80 mile backcountry trail loop? You could be in for a long 2 day hike back out. Maybe it's been around for awhile on snowmachines, but they aren't exposed to the dirt, dust, water, mud, etc. that dirt bikes are. Plus, I'm just not ready to add a laptop to my tool box so I can work on my dirt bike. I'd like to replace my '09 with an updated 2013 but if they have DI, I won't be at all interested.
  15. hogwackr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    18 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 HD Street Glide
    A little birdie told me that 2014 will be the "new" 2-stroke. I have no other info at this time......:D
  16. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I owned an automotive repair shop for approximately 20 years and I'm very familiar with electronically controlled systems on cars, which by the way are far more complicated than motorcycles. New systems are capable of precise control of air fuel and ignition curves that carburetors will never match. If you are competing without the new system you will be at a disadvantage. I doubt DI 2ts will be more expensive than a modern 4t and should be cheaper for the fact that the engine itself is far less complicated (less moving pieces) than a 4t. The possibility to improve performance are endless when electronics are introduced. Imagine fuel curves and ignition curves tied to electronically controlled power valves and expansion chambers and maybe even a variable flywheel weight.

Now that I've stirred the pot a bit I think I'll go outside and ride my 97 Beta Techno. :D
    wallybean, huskybear and typeone like this.
  17. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    93 kx 125 with a kdx 200 engine.
    They already are street legal. I have a 12 wr 300 w a plate.
  18. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Dinosaurs never expected to die out...
    hogwackr likes this.
  19. hogwackr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    18 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 HD Street Glide
    Don't get me wrong....I'll have the "new" bike when it comes out.....But bet your ass I'll keep my old school 2011 around for the times that the new one's at the shop getting programmed and diagnosed....:eek:
    marcmo0 likes this.
  20. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    They are not street legal everywhere. The DI snowmobiles are cleaner then the 4t machines which means the DI 2ts will be legal anywhere any motorcycle is. Every state is different but at least this way no state will be able to use emission laws against a 2t.