1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 144 kit jetting - playing with needles...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    So I had a few hours of light left yesterday and ran up to a local area to play with some PWK needles for the fun of it. JD red in the middle position installed and working great. did a lap to get a base line feel. installed a CCJ needle. Ran real good, smoother pull of the bottom, more liner power but seems less snappy and down a little on mid power. Tried the DDJ and same as the CCJ but a bit less everywhere. back to the JD to make sure and RIP. The JD red is obviously the most powerful on my bike. Almost to the point of being to much when on the pipe. Hold on. this 144 is working out VERY well. the CCJ would be a good mud / slick needle. Ran great just smoother and less violent hit. The JD Red RIPS hard and was my favorite for the dry conditions we have now.

09 WR125 with OEM 144 kit
    04 Doma CR125 pipe
    PS SA muffler
    PWK 38, 175 main, 45 pilot and JD red in middle position
  2. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for doing all the experimenting. This should make things easy for me soon.

I'll be getting a PWK included with the bike but I have no idea what slide will come in it. What slide are you using? What clip worked best with the CCJ?
  3. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm going to try a CEL and CCK needle when they come in. I might try a CEJ for kicks depending on how the other two needles work. Of course I have the 36mm PWK and stock pipe so it's not quite the same...

Currently it runs very well but has the slight flat spot mid way through the RPM range. I have changed to Wally's white and silver springs (as he suggested) and will try that with the DGJ needle that is in there and then start changing needles. I have thought about the JD kit but settled on his jetting guide so I can play and learn.

09 WR125 with OEM 144 kit
    Stock pipe w/FMF Turbinecore II
    PWK 36, 165 main, 45 pilot and DGJ-3
  4. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    I ran the same jetting/needle/position as you, except for a #8 slide, and I'm running stock PV springs with the PV arm adjusted 1/4 from the top. I tested the 144 for the first time a few days ago at about 3000'-4000' and it ran like a top! It was a little rich yet, but that was pretty much by design. It is doing exactly what I want it to do, which is climb effortlessly without drama. Lots of useable power from top to bottom with no flat spots anywhere. I'd prefer it to be just a tad more quick to rev off the bottom, with maybe just a bit more snappy throttle response, but it's not really an issue unless I decide to race it. I'm quite pleased with the package and am looking forward to riding it at about 7500' next week with a few jetting changes :D

WoodsChick
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nice, was waiting for your report. Glad you like it. :thumbsup:
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    interesting. Absolutely no mid range flat spot or bog in mine. Stock it was somewhat flat int he mid, now thats where it makes a lot of power. Pulls hard from idle to last RPM. Not real hard on the bottom but then again it is still a very small motor, can't expect a ton more.
  7. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I put a CEL in it and went for a fast 20 mile trail ride. I went from clip pos 3 to 4 and the bike runs great! No more flat spot and it lugs out better then I could ever expect. I'm not missing the 250 at all. :D