1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 144 kit on wednesday, Trophy on thursday

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by montgob1, Jun 3, 2011.

1. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Had a tough weekend at a two day MX race. Couldnt get over a couple little doubles out of corners, my corner speed is lousy. Tossed on my 144 kit wednesday after work. shaved head and .3mm base gasket. Got 180 PSI on my cruddy compresion checker. Gave it a few rides around the property wednesday night. Loaded up the trailer for thursday night MX. Ran practice kinda easy, ran good though, dropped to a 42.5 pilot before i got there.

[IMG][IMG]

Wouldnt idle though, air screw had no affect either, ran it to like 5 turns out no change. Here is the plug.
    [IMG]

Looks good to me, i dropped the pilot to a 40, still not much change, still doesnt idle. Going to have to adjust the slide height for the new topend. Ran two moto's, track was rutted deep but good until we had a 10 minute shower. Got slick, i race age class, only two smoke in my class last night. Thought the thumpers might have the advantage after the rain. Guess not :)
    [IMG][IMG]

Spark plug came loose on the last moto though? Might have not tightened the new plug i put in completly, im going to torque it and see what happens.
    pvduke, TXC&KTM and BadMotoWeazal like this.
  2. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Congrats....144cc's worked out great IMO!!!
  3. smoke229 Husqvarna
    A Class

congrats on the win! what kind of clutch lever is that? and wow your pit road is paved!
  4. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Its a sunline Perch/lever combo. Cant remember the model, they discontinued it because it was crazy expensive and the install is tedious. You have to remove the grip, the inner perch has to be set with shims to get the diameter just right, the outer perch has three spring loaded detent balls that fit to recesses machined in the inner perch. if you go down hard the perch breaks loose and rotates, pick the bike up and rotate the perch lever back to where it was and the balls snap into place and the whole thing is right where you set it. The lever itself is 100% CNC machined and ball bearing pivot. You can find em on ebay still, thats where i got mine. The track is inside Portland International Raceway so they have access roads to get around the road course.

http://thursdaynightmotocross.com/
  5. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Nice job !!!
  6. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

well done lad. now how much of a difference did you feel the big bore made. is it 139cc or the full 144? was this a factory supplied kit of an aftermarket one.
  7. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    how awesome is that??!!

id like to see a tick more brown on the plug...hard to say from a pic sometimes.

try adjusting the idle stop first @ 1.50 turns out with your current PJ.
    (going out with the AS makes it lean)

if you get it to idle and it bogs snapping it, go in to 1.0 t/o on the AS. no change? go up one on the PJ and start over at 1.5 t/o on the AS.

excellent results, way to represent and congrats on a job well done!
    john01 likes this.
  8. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Ian, factory 144 kit, but the head has been machined, and i ran the .3mm base gasket. From what i gather i am about .4mm tighter on my squish than stock. And walt on here ground my power valves to fit the bore, he said they where real good stock though so unsure of the affect of this but it didnt hurt anything. Big difference in my opinion!! on jumps i used to have to work the clutch to get at, it now just pulls up into the meat. I am going to drop down the rear sprocket now to carry more speed in second for the tight jumps that i dont have time to shift to third for, i loose confidence when i am grabbing gears on aproach.

Duke, i think your right, it does look a tad lean. I am going back up on my pilot to a 45, then i will set the slide and adjust per your advice. This bike is cool, i raced the thursday night series once late last summer on my thumper and got schooled. A lot of practice and a husky i have taken second twice, one first, out of four races :) Im hoping to get fast enough to point out of my class and move up to the big boys.
  9. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    Main- affects plug color WFO. Yer safe but...i dunnow- might not hurt to go one more up in case it gets chilly like a cold snap. if it blubbers etc, ya can go back down one.

PJ/AS- adjust for snap off idle. dont watch the plug for that stuff.

dont go banzia on the plug tork while tuning and plug reading. snug past finger tigh for quick jet checks. saves the threads in the head.

yer making me horny for a big bore kit. santa says if im good uptite gets a call for the 167 and my new top end oughta be worn out by then so...great timing. but then id be cheatin as it wont be a true tiddler anymore...desicions desicions.

congrats again man...totally stoked for ya brother!
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That's awesome congrats! I am really enjoying my CR144. Hey is yours a CR or WR and what year bike is it?