1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 144 with Fatty and Lectron, first ride.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by robj, Jul 7, 2013.

1. robj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX/KDX200 hybrid
    I've been looking forward to this for months.

The bike took a while to fire up the night before, til I bumped started it - then it started every time - must have just taken a bit to draw the fuel through the dry carb. It was set up perfectly - thanks Kelly (and Lectron). Crisp revving, nothing needed adjusting apart from idle speed.

Out on the trail - holy cow, the bike just ran so clean and fast (course was sandy pine forest single track). Pulled smooth right off the bottom into a really strong, fat midrange and then up top - hold on! Top end was super fast but then there was a crazy streak on top of that. Over rev just launched it, front wheel up. like hitting nitrous oxide. This helped me catch up with a mate a couple of times who was getting away from me in the woods. I'd gain a big amount of ground on him fast, then run out of track, and have to get on the brakes hard. Overshot the trail a few times. Damn it's fast!

Suspension was good for the conditions, but back was deflecting off roots. I backed off the comp and rebound two clicks and this seemed a help a bit.

Now I just need to ride more and sharpen up the reflexes and get bike fit. Great to be back on a Husqvarna. :thumbsup:
  2. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350

:thumbsup: I m with you buddy - post some pics of some of those NZ trails sometime - where abouts do you ride?
  3. Radbuster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR125 '10
    Hi,
    Sounds great! I have some similar impressions and thought best to maybe post here.

I just had a nice ride with my stock WR125 with Lectron and new Fatty pipe and WB extra inner silver powervalve spring.
    With the above and stock pipe, the power was almost linear with an abrupt burst at really high revs.

I checked the Fatty for leaks at the welds, but it was nice and sealed. Moved over the stock o-ring and after rearranging the mount tabs a little I found a good fit.

Soo, the rev ceiling I'd guess is the same, but the power started way earlier and the transition to full power was almost seamless, making it much easier to use.
    Now the power is usable even in tight woods. Before I could only ride it on the pipe on an mx track.

Fatty rules! Stock pipe, well.. I won't use it again unless the Fatty is stamped flat.
  4. robj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX/KDX200 hybrid
    The local area to me is a forestry complex just north of Auckland. Sand based forestry that runs along side the sea. It's has a full time bike park at the top and every few weeks the rest gets opened up by the local club for trail ride days. The tracks are mixed - fast and flowing through to tight, gnarly whooped out tight stuff. I'll post a vid some time.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Good to hear you like it. Enjoy :thumbsup:
  6. robj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX/KDX200 hybrid
    Not the best footage, and not me, but a good idea of the sandy going at Woodhill.
    View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnuxAA-63IY
    The sand tracks hold up well but get rooty and rutty. Need to keep your concentration up. It's always a good blast.
  7. retromlc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250i 2018
    Other Motorcycles:
    Beta Evo 250 4/
    hi guys,I have a '13 WR125,how much better is the 144 kit over the 1`25?thnking of buying one
  8. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    The bike sounds pretty good and the rider has it dialed in well in the rutty stuff. That looks real fun to ride in.
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Cool looking track ... Not a sand guy here but I'll like to do about 25 laps on that one to help my riding skills .... is that just open trails on there you are riding on or does one claim ownership?

EDIT: Are you gripping the bike with your legs in many of those sections?
  10. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    swear thats a fire extingusher strapped to his mud guard, love it im freaking green eyed at the moment if thats your local riding..
  11. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Not trying to hj this thread but the 144 is better than the 125 everywhere IMHO. Just more power everywhere.
  12. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    strange i found that with the 250 has more power everywhere...
    lankydoug, 454x and retromlc like this.
  13. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Not to sure if that is correct but I did find the 300 has more power everywhere :lol:
    lankydoug likes this.
  14. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    Ever saw the specs from the Maico 700cc 2 stroke I bet that one has the most power everywhere :D

Robert-Jan
  15. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    360 aint bad wither dunno how it compares to a 300 tho:rolleyes:
  16. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    This is the way to do it! Handles like $hit but if you start one engine it runs like a 125, if you start two it like a 144, three and you have a 165, four a 200, five a 250, six a 300 ect ect ect ect ect, A bike built for the masses, low power for the less skilled and more than enough for the best there is LOL
    I really must stop drinking

chainsaw-powered-motorcycle_12.jpg
    sabortooth and juicypips like this.
  17. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    is it also available with electrical start:lol:

are there any foot pegs on this thing :confused:

Robert-Jan
  18. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yep drinking and typing is a bad combo :lol:.
  19. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    The tree-huggers would hate that one!:lol:
  20. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    they shouldn't as it is a good solution to tame the tree destructive behavior of these machines:lol: its always a compromise in life :D