1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 150 fuel mileage aby info

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by andy j, Mar 9, 2011.

1. andy j Husqvarna
    AA Class

hi guys,, my riding buddy has a 2011 cr 150.. we are doing an enduro on sunday.. medium going.
    he has time before this to checj his fuel mileage..
    any suggestions on what to expect would be appreciated..
    hes going to take a 1 litre bottle in his back pack for emergency..

thanks

andy j
  2. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Based on my first 2011 CR 150 ride this past Saturday, I think he'll need the extra fuel. My jetting isn't dialed in yet, but I was amazed at how quickly the tank emptied. I'll be ordering the bigger IMS tank asap.

When did your buddy take delivery?
  3. andy j Husqvarna
    AA Class

He got it end of january... traded in his 09 kktm 150sx. has run in only motorcross event and a bit of practice so far.. didnt' really pay attention to his fuel..
    He went up to a 52t rear sprocket and has dialed in his forks & shock only at a suspension set up day with our No 1 man in this area.. no jetting tweaks at the moment..
    now we got a 6hr enduro on sunday... it is 10min laps i think so no problems about calling into pits to fuel but just wants to know what to expect..
    i took for a rip around the practice track... what a great bike... after one lap i loved it!.. needed a touch more of the bottom, hence his change to the 52t.. maybe jetting may help here?
    bike is silly lightweight.....

thanks
  4. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I was running on to reserve at around 25 miles (mud and hills) on my '09 (144 kit) with the 1.9 gallon tank. How far will he be going between fuel stops?
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    they get horrible to really bad mileage. [IMG] about 20 mpg.
  6. andy j Husqvarna
    AA Class

great thanks.. we reckon about 20miles per hour average so just under an hour... last year was around the ten min lap mark, will guesstimate 5 laps to start with & top up to see whats left..

hopefully he will have a nightmare, park up, walk away and tell me i can have the bike[IMG]
  7. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Mine gets between 14 & 16 mpg. 16 is the best I have gotten yet. At 16 mpg and the 2.8 gallon tank that is still less than 45 miles to a tank. I would figure no more than that and as little as 38 miles or less to a 2.8 gal. tank. I wouldn't go past 28-30 miles to a stock 1.9 gallon tank. Get a Gallon Milk jug and use it as a quick fill. Have someone quickly flip it over into the tank fill hole and then take a knife and slash the bottom of the jug for a quick dump. Make sure you have gone over 20 miles before stopping for gas so you don't over fill the tank.
  8. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Vinduro - Did the 36mm carb make any real difference in mpg?
  9. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So far it has added about 1.5 mpg. I think under race conditions these bikes are going suck fuel. It did seem to help low end some. Didn't seem to hurt top end. Should make it easier to jet.