1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 165 conversion Rear Sprocket

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by master62, Nov 9, 2012.

1. master62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Looked thru threads didn't see what size sprocket folks are using on the rear. Currently,I am running a stock front and 52 on the rear of my WR150. Will a 52 be too low after its converted to a 165.? Can your share size sprocket you are using on the rear? I am not going to change the front sprocket.
    Thanks
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I know several people went to a 14 on the front, cheaper and easier.
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

50 for me.
  4. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

5. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I run 14 52 and it was clocked at 65 on the dry lake bed durning the so cal national
  6. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

I go anywhere from 13-47 to 13-51 depending on rear tire size and terrain.
  7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

13X48 is a pretty good compromise. A lot depends on what you are going to ride and rear tire size also is important. I have run as high as 14X49 for legs with the CR tranny but the clutch tends to take some abuse at that gearing if you are riding any tight, steep, stuff. With a true WR gear box like I have in mine the 14X49 is actually very good with the lower first and wider spacings. Too bad Husky doesn't offer that tranny any more.
  8. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    I have a 13-52 set up with the 125cc and have 12-47and a 13-50 on the shelf

I can not say that I really feel the need of changing the sprockets urgently when the WB 165 was fitted

for sure 165 would pull easily the other gearing that I have on the shelf but the 13-52 gearing is quite convenient with the switching gears points in combination with speed and terrain that i am riding.

and be quicker in acceleration then my buddy 250CC 2 stroke especially on the trails (less wheel spin and it hooks up really well)

Robert-Jan
  9. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I tried 14-50 and it worked OK but didn't get the drive I was looking for off corners. I went back to a 52 rear (14/52) and loved it. On a 150 (144cc) I used 13/52 gearing.
    wallybean likes this.
  10. master62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for your information
  11. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    Just switching from 12-50 to 12-52 for some steep tight nasty stuff and a trials tire. Going with rock crawling gearing I will ride it and review it if I ever get new plastic for this thing.
  12. master62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Poopy looking forward to read how that low gearing works for you.
  13. TCP Husqvarna
    AA Class

The 165 kit seems to like about 4 teeth less on the rear (or 1 up on the front) to maximize the benefit of the torque that the motor makes. Don't set it up like a 125 screamer and you'll get the most out of the 165 conversion.
  14. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    WR165 with 12x50.

Here is bend now for the NW gathering, and it is geared to low for the open stuff, but it is great in the gnarly single track.