1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 165 pipe guard

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by TROFFER88, Apr 28, 2012.

1. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I am tired of begging Eric to sell me a P3 . What are the alternate options that are carbon fiber . The Eline guards a good enough but none listed for the application. Iam sure there are others in the same boat .
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Tim,

I have started a conversation with WaterRacer to see if he is still willing to make the guards. I will let you know what he says and if it is positive, you can contact him directly.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Eline wile make a guard for any pipe if you sent them the pipe. Or at least used to.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    that would be GREAT, seems like a good dude. :thumbsup:
  5. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

e line not what it used to be since subbing to China.
    Just saying and have seen more than one smashed to bits on New England rocks.
  6. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Eline isn't my first choice ,But it is better than nothing
  7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I have confirmed that we have an alternate builder. WaterRacer has agreed to build us some super sturdy CF guards. I will have to call P-3 tomorrow to let him know that we have another option. It is going to be a little bit before he is ready to produce as I have to send him a new pipe to make a mold from. Once that is done Gary will certainly build all the guards in a timely manner. I will not have a new pipe to send until next week. If it all goes according to plan then I will have John ship him one direct to shorten the shipping time. Just an FYI
  8. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I won't be riding for a while and I have my pipe sitting here That I could send him
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Tim have you ridden with it at all? I just don't want to send him a pipe that has been stressed and isn't perfect. Let me know as that would shorten the time to production.
  10. BloodyShirt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha 2010 wr250 & 2009 YZ125
    I'm in the same boat but for a wr250.. I want a skid and pipe guard from P3 but it seems fairly impossible to buy anything from them with a timely turn around time.. even my dealer who had a relationship says he fell off the map..
  11. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The pipe is brand new
  12. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    I am keeping quite on this for now. Walt is supposed to call P3 and give them a last shot at producing, which they may do if they think someone else is about to do so, which is ok with me. I have the ability and am willing to help out if needed.
  13. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I want a pipe guard ! I would like to have one by this weekend's Nat'l but I know that won't happen.
  14. BloodyShirt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha 2010 wr250 & 2009 YZ125
    you're responding to inquiry.. I'd say the job is yours for the taking.. what do you need to make wr250 skids and pipe guards..
  15. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I have news on the pipe guard front. P-3 will be making the pipe guard. They have 5 on the bench at this time and will be shipping in the very near future. There have been some issues with finishing the product to standard because of some mold blemishes. I know that Dwight and Tim will be getting a shipping confirmation first. The important thing to take home in all this is that once the pipe guards are done they will be first class pieces that will work and take a beating. They will continue to make these guards at a modest rate of a few a week so eventually anyone that wants a guard will be able to get one with a point and click. I really want to thank WaterRacer for stepping up and being willing to take up the slack. That is what the Cafe crowd is all about one rider helping another. I apologize for wasting his time.

I know we all want instant gratification in the immediate communication age, but I also completely understand a small shop getting too busy. I have often fallen prey to being too optomistic and been called to task for not meeting a self inflicted timeline. I will be happy when my guard is on my bike whether that is next week or a couple of weeks from now. I have put my personal pipe guard at the back of the que so that those that have been waiting can be supplied. The good thing is that the FMF Fatty is a tough pipe and takes a beating well until it gets the guard.
  16. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks Walt
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Lots of us small shops are struggling big time in this economy and with this segment of it (failing motorcycle industry) and are scrapping by with what we can. Keep inventory low (overhead), work stupid hours to do everything yourself because you can't afford to pay yourself let alone others. Sounds like P3 is busy but you can only do so much and spend so much. It is getting REAL hard to carve out a living in the moto industry.
  18. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

No Shit I own my own buiness too, But I always return phone calls and emails. I treat my customers like I care. If you think the motorcycle trinket biz is tough try contracting.
    Blakelpd5 likes this.
  19. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

EZ stuff Walt.....glad to help.
  20. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    That was when P3 did Eline's stuff!