1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 165 pipe update

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by wallybean, Jul 23, 2012.

1. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Well the first 25 FMF Fatty 200 SX pipes have been spoken for and John Kearney has ordered the next 25. I feel stupid because against Kelly's and John's advice I priced the first order of pipes with only a slight margin for error. Well after losing a couple of hundred bucks on the first order of pipes for all the hidden cost reasons that more experienced retailers know about, I am going to have to raise the cost of the pipe for the next 25. I am not talking about the initial investment in many different pipes to find what works. I am just talking about the 25 pipes total cost versus income. So unfortunately for those ordering in the future, I am going to raise the price to $270 plus shipping costs. I agonize over this kind of stuff as Kelly gives me the old I told you so. ;)
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Still cheap for a custom made, bolt right up, pipe that makes a huge difference on the WB165. Thanks again for getting them produced.
  3. cbienusa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01 CR250,17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 YZ250
  4. cbienusa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01 CR250,17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 YZ250
    You should always figure at least 30 percent to give yourself a little cushion.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Still not enough. You might break even there.
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I hear you but that is enough for me right now is to break even. We will see where the kit goes from here when Husky introduces new stuff next year about this time. Will always produce it but if Husky comes out with a spanking new mid-displacement 2T then I am sure the kit will slowly be un-needed. If they don't do anything mid-displacement then I will probably buy enough volume for FMF to produce the entire purpose built pipe.
  7. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    For my .02$, I agree with Kelly. You put alot of blood sweat and tears into that stuff.

As a side note,
    It sure would be nice if someone around here started making the guards. (hint hint :rolleyes: )