1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 165 won't stay running what to look for?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Chums, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'd like to discontinue my account
    Entered the first race of the season made it two laps bogging it in snow and ice so it was slow going. Acted like it fouled a plug but started right back up. I cleaned it out and was mindful the next lap to clean it out once in awhile but later that lap it did it again and would only run for a minute then bog and die. I ran up and put a new plug in but it did the same thing it would start but not right away then after a few seconds bog and die. It still kick hard like it has good compression the air filter is good and the lectron is getting fuel and has fuel in the bowl?
    Right after I broke it in it died a couple times like this but I turned my other petcock on thinking the new ims tank petcock wasn't working and the bike started and ran great the rest of the time.
    Any ideas would be appreciated!!! Thank you!
    tnttimber likes this.
  2. Submit Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR125, 86 430 AUTO
    If that was the fix by just turning on the other petcock, I would take the tank off and give the inside a good blast of air to clear every out if there's anything it and maybe clean the petcocks as well..... just my two cents :thumbsup:
    Chums likes this.
  3. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01&02WR360_02WR250_02CR250_12WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    Vent lines plugged up on Lectron. Happened to me in a muddy race. Exact symptoms.
    Motosportz and Chums like this.
  4. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    No kidding! That's interesting! I'll check it out because I was blasting through whoops with 6-8" off water in the bottom and it was only 20 degrees today so hummm... might have to vent those babies! I was running 1st in 30+B had 7 1/2 min on second! All B classes started on the same line, I had to two kick it and that little 165 still pulled 5th overall on the hole shot!
    Anyway I'm a little disappointed but still got 3rd and I've got the heater on it now thawing it out so I'll give her a once over tomorrow! Thanks!
  5. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

You do need to make sure the vents on the Lectron don't plug. When they plug, your are done. I would also pull your tank and clean it out as well as your filters. I have gotten lots of crap in new tanks before.
    Chums likes this.
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Nice result even with the problems!
    Chums likes this.
  7. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I went out and checked the lines...sure enough the lines were kinda pointing forward so they could just scoop up the water and had frozen chunks still in it. Got it all out and purrs like a kitty! Thanks for the heads up on this! I will definitely be venting that to the air box before the next race! I just havent ever raced a lectron in these conditions It's either been frozen ice races or dirt but not freezing temps with standing water. This place had 3" of rain over the past week with above freezing temps then day of race went to 20Deg.

Thanks again Wally! This 165 with the HGS and Lectron is a blast to ride!
    Dirtdame, wallybean and woodsrider like this.
  8. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

At least you are riding. We are getting pounded by more snow and at the rate we are going a lot of our riding will still be under 3' of snow to start July. I am not really complaining as it beats fires.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Saw this same issue (plugged vent lines) this weekend on a buddies 165 husky with Lectron. Cut the end of the vent lines at an angle and slice them lengthwise with a razor blade. This should help from them getting stuff up in them and plugging it.
    shawbagga and Chums like this.
  10. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    On mine I used a couple of small T pieces and ran two lines up into the air box and two down low inbetween the frame and dog bone, mine now can double up as a U boat when the going gets a bit moist.
    sabortooth, shawbagga and Motosportz like this.
  11. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01&02WR360_02WR250_02CR250_12WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    Something else that proves itself over and over is that if I cycle the piston after shutting the engine off, it usually takes two kicks to fire when the flag drops. If I just shut it down and make sure the kickstarter is engaged, she's running before the stroke is complete!
  12. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yeah it was hit and miss, a couple times it went first time then next might be two kick then one kick again but its user error I just haven't practiced starts much on it. Now my 300 never fails, first kick every time but I've had a hole season to get to know her!
  13. andymarriner450 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr 150
    I run t piece in vent pipes 2 go in air box and 2 hang down as normal I've done this for years and have never had a problem with vent pipes only when lays over sometimes fuel run out buy side panels only my input
  14. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks everyone I gave everything a once over and all is well. I bought a PC racing filter vent kit for cheap on eBay so I'll give that a try. I also cut the tubes shorter at an angle with a little slice in them.
    Norman Foley likes this.