1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 165cc Kits

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by jim.bike, Jun 27, 2013.

1. jim.bike Husqvarna
    AA Class

Where do you get these 165cc kits for a 2009 WR144, I am new to the forum. jim.bike
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Member Walt makes them, I help him with the retail side. So you order it through me and Walt does the actual work / has people that do welding etc.

here is my form letter to people that Email me about it...

The 165 kit it is $680 exchange (we need your head, cylinder and powervalves). We weld the exhaust bridge, bore the cylinder, chamfer the ports and replate the cylinder. We then grind the powervalves to fit the new bore and seal better, Then the head squish is cut to be right and fit the new bore. Kit comes with everything needed to bolt up including the pin bearing and gaskets. Just bolt it all back on like stock. The pipe is $275 and bolts on and make this kit RIP. It is an FMF KTM 200 pipe modified to work with the husky and really makes a big difference in the overall power. The Stock 125 pipe will work but you leave some bottom and mid on the table. Plus shipping.
    Replacement pistons are $155 and rings $32
    would need shipped to...

Walter Smith
    XXXXXXX
    Hamilton, MT 59840

The Lectron carburetor is excellent and really tops this package off and makes the best motor ever IMHO. $315 if interested.

Let me know what you want to do or if you have any more questions.

thanks,
    Kelly
    Mz
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Welcome Jim. Get the kit; it's awesome :applause:.
  4. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Go for the 165,Lectron, 200sx pipe and watch the 450 and 250 2 strokes wonder how that little bike can climb and flat out rip as you pass them. It is so much fun that if I had to decide between my 2008 cr165 or my 2012 ktm 250sx for one bike it would be the husky I would keep. My next bike will be a new cr125 and mod it like my 2008 that how good this bike is when set up right and the dependability of this motor is not even a question it tough. I do ride more off road now and 250 sx is faster on the track but off road the cr165 is quicker over a whole race.