1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1972 cr250

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by M357.5, Apr 11, 2009.

1. M357.5 Husqvarna
    A Class

Hey guy's, came across a 72 CR250 thats in really nice shape yesterday. It is sporting a plastic front fender of unknow origins at the moment and the stock air box is missing ( has a K&N style clamp on filter at the moment ) other than that it's 100% complete. The fuel tank has been stripped of its paint and the entire tank has been polished...no dents WOW. Rest of bike looks to be corect.
    Only thing I could find wrong with the bike is the clutch is done, bike runs pretty decent but could use a good going over, cosmetically it needs very little.

What would a fair price be for a bike like this ?

There is a local group of VMX'ers and the sport seems to be growing with the local MX track having several vintage races a year. There is a series with 4 tracks involved and a fellow is donating a CAN-AM 175 as an award for the overall points champion. The classes are grouped together right now with vintage and post vintage running together as well as a Heritage class...no way would I be competitive against the newer bikes but this is just for fun. :thumbsup: I'd like to get involved, do you think this CR250 would be a decent mount ?
  2. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

I will give you a $100 for it.:D

I would say a good solid runner will bring $1500 around here. Excellent condition will bring more. Deduct for anything that needs immediate replacement, or is well worn.

If you are racing against other short travel bikes, 4" rear, 7" front, you will be fine.
  3. M357.5 Husqvarna
    A Class

Not enough guy's yet to seperate the classes so I'll have to ride with the LONG travel bikes. I have a 79 RM250 already which would be the smart choice till they split the classes up.
    I can pick up the Husky for considerably less than $1500...but more than the $100 LOL
    Only thing it really needs is the clutch, and an airbox...K&N hangin out in the mud dont sound like a good idea.
  4. auto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    too many
    make sure it's a cr,not a wr. wr's are all over the place and don't bring as much money.