1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1974 eBay reproduction gas tanks

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by tyano109, Sep 24, 2024.

1. tyano109 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE150i, husky WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF250L
    Hello guys, wondering if anyone has tried these tanks? Looks like there is a ton of them in all different colors listed as 1974 repro gas tanks and shipping from India. Curious if they would fit on a 1975 wr250 and if they are worth buying. Sorry if this has already been discussed but I didn’t see any threads about it. Thanks.
  2. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 450WR 6spd motor in a 75 MK frame
    I've seen these Indian tanks on bikes being sold online but haven't heard of any functional problems. I see people commenting that they're not OEM so to some of use its apparent they're aftermarket. I don't care for the way they look but then thats just me. If I needed a tank in order to ride a project bike and couldn't source an OEM I'd probably buy one. But I sure wouldn't try to pass it off as OEM, like I've seen in sales ads.
  3. DeathFromAbove My Cat Says AREAR!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    70,71 360 8s 72,74 450 73 360 73 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    66 Triumph Trophy 99 ZRX1100
    I have a couple that were Cheep! You can tell the difference in the height of the fuel cap bung and their are no Made in Sweden Decals. The petcock threads are usually painted over and hard to clean with the filler they use on the tank to flatten it out!
    Not for a restoration to original but a useable Dent Free tank for Cheep. Like I said I bought 2, one for 125$ shipped and one for 150$ shipped. I like them but the paint is Not spot on and the Chrome panels are wavey!
  4. tyano109 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE150i, husky WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF250L
    Awesome. Thanks. I’m going to put in an offer on one and give it a shot. Definitely won’t be trying to pass it off as original, just need something to get the bike going again. The original tank is pretty rusty and has some pinholes, dents, and chipping paint. I’ll save it and maybe have it restored in the future, but if one of these tanks can get me up and running for cheap, it’ll be worth it to me.
    Crashaholic and DeathFromAbove like this.