1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 1975 250 gp

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ktmhusq, Sep 1, 2009.

1. ktmhusq Husqvarna
    AA Class

Does anyone know what the suffix GP stands for after the engine size? I have a 1975 250 GP and can't seem to find the info.
  2. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Welcome to CafeHusky, ktmhusq :cheers:

I don't have an answer to your question, but since it's a 1975 maybe someone in the vintage forum can answer it?

My first thought was Gran Prix, as in that's the name of the model :confused: I don't know...

WoodsChick
  3. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

From Huskyclub.com: http://www.huskyclub.com/evohus.htm

1975 Husqvarna 250 CR GP Mikola Replica

[IMG]

Peter Andrews - Australia
    The 1975 CR 250 parts were purchased in June 1998 as a basket case advertised in a motor cycle trading magazine. The restoration of this 250 began in July of 2004 when the frame, swing arm and various brackets were sent to be bead blasted and the parts powder coated, the color I used was Dulux bright silver as the closest color to the original, there were a few brackets that were missing and I manufactured the missing brackets which were painted along with the frame. I used the original Bufo bolts and nuts which have been re-plated and as well I used button head stainless steel screws for the engine side covers, reed valve assembly and chain guard. The motor internals and gears were in excellent condition with very little wear apparent to any of the parts although a couple of the gears were worn badly which I replaced with NOS parts from Husky Parts Australia who also supplied the correct cables, I also replaced all the bearings and seals. I sourced two new pistons from the Husky Club Newsletter advertisement section and purchased them, as well as a new rod kit from Euro Rods, the ports were polished and aligned with cases and the motor was assembled and painted with Hi temp Satin black paint. The forks legs were re-chromed by Hard Chrome Services in South Australia, the correct tank, bars, Bing carburetor and controls were sourced at various swap meets and the tank painted by Husky Imports. I used a Uni Filter pro comp 2 air filter and I tracked down two of the correct large gold Mikkola replica decal one in pristine condition and the other slightly used but still in Minnesota for the air box cover. The seat cover and decals were sourced from Bultaco parts (MXM), Spoked Wheel repairs laced the Akront yellow label rims with stainless steel spokes. The Husky Club, supplied the NOS gas tank cap, the kill switch and the manuals for the 1975 250 CR. Click photo for bigger picture

Hopefully that answers your question.

BlipBlip :thumbsup:
  4. ktmhusq Husqvarna
    AA Class

That is a beautiful bike. But, what does the GP stand for?

Thanks
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Grand Prix, (replica) no?
  6. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

Grand Prix
  7. ktmhusq Husqvarna