1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1976 360 auto trans oil?

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by atkmadman, Dec 27, 2008.

1. atkmadman Husqvarna
    A Class

Does any one know what the proper oil is for this model?:excuseme:
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Hi.

Not to sure why your post did not show up right away, I've checked the settings and you should be ok from now on. The bike you are asking about is indeed a 2st, but it is also 30+ years old so I'll move it over to vintage.
  3. Zim Husqvarna
    A Class

Esso Univos J26,its not easy to get,there is a tread on Thumper Talk Husky 2 strokes with alternatives and a sorse for the Esso gear,its been updated lately.Its called
    Help with an Auto 430 trans
  4. Arne10 Husqvarna
    B Class

If The Univis J 26 (I thought it was Univis J58) can't be found, I think you can use Öhlin rear shock oil.
    The Univis oil was originally developed for Caterpilar to be used in the Artics, where the starting temprature and operating temprature is a big diference.
    When we developed the Automatic all different types of oils were tryed, nothing worked good (to late shifting when cold and to early when hot) until we tryed this Univis oil. Kent Öhlin found out about our good luck with Univis, he was also looking for a oil that was stabel in thicknes, hot or cold so he(Öhlins) started to use that oil in the shock absorbers. Now I think they have changed. Therefor I think you can try Ohlin shock oil.
    Nils Arne
  5. atkmadman Husqvarna
    A Class

thanks for the information Arne10 & Zim