1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 1986 250 Enduro Help/Information required

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Sadj, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Sadj Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1986 Husqvarna 250 Enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 Cagiva 125 WMX
    Hi all,

I recently purchased the above from Kijiji. I wanted to take on another project while I was waiting for parts (from Halls) for my 1985 125 Cagiva WMX. This bike had no fluids in it (coolant, brake fluid & gearbox oil) & a broken kickstart. The owner didn't also state a broken swinging arm. I haven't been off road riding for years (over 25 or more) so it's all a challenge again for me.

I managed to half sort out the kickstart. It looked like due to the worn & disfigured kickstart spring the spring loaded pawl kept on getting stuck or falling out & caused the kickstart lever to stick & all sorts. After welding a small piece of steel to the spring end & making sure clearances & movement was all okay I re-assembled it. I did a temporary fix on the swing arm by bolting a steel plate around the fracture by the bushings. The other side looks like that'll go too soon & I couldn't find one anywhere so it's not done out of choice. I had to do a few other things , like clean out the carb, modify the water pump housing slightly to stop a small leak & adjust the suspension lower as I'm short. I just wanted to see how she runs before I was going to make up my mind to have another long term project beside the Cagiva.

The bike runs well in 1st, 2nd & 3rd. Wheelies in all gears. Sticks & won’t go up in gears, but does when I stick it on a bike jack. I'm using 75w90 oil which is what the previous owner used. I looked in the engine rebuild 2t manual & it says use SAE 20. On forums here I can see all sorts of different opinions. Can anyone advise on this?

Also, does anyone know where I could possibly get parts for this bike. I need the following so far:

Swing arm
    Waterpump housing (i have seen one on ebay in the US)
    A seat (original)
    Front brake master cylinder & caliper seals (brembo)
    Kickstart shaft & spring.
    Any manuals, owners, workshop & so on. I have a parts manual.

I thinks that’s about it for now & thanks in advance. It’s a great site!
  2. wooddee Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    86 240 WR,09 300 WR.
  3. Sadj Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 Cagiva 125 WMX
    Thanks Woodee. I'm aware of that particular site, but was hoping for something more local to my location (Toronto Canada). I also worked out how to correctly use this site & have all the technical information I need to proceed further to getting my bike running well again. Just need a parts bike local to me would be ideal. Failing that, I will order online & completly restore it.
  4. wooddee Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    86 240 WR,09 300 WR.
    You could try steve at huskydoggg.com he is in Canada , he also has a huge range of parts, good prices too!!!
  5. Sadj Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 Cagiva 125 WMX
    Thanks again! I'll give that a go. Do you know if 1984 250 parts will go into a 1986 engine? Like the kick start spring holder & so on? The part #'s are different but the parts look the same. I'm guessing the later engine part #'s are improved versions of the old parts? I may ask the seller, but want to make sure.