1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 1991 CR 250-help

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Crono, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Crono Husqvarna
    A Class

Hi guys,

I already have a 2005 TE250 (now with 310 kit) which I use once or twice a week intensively and yesterday I picked up a very nice working 1991 CR 250 but with lights and originally imported as enduro bike (it's still the 5 gear version)
    It is in original condition, except for the front lamp/plate holder.
    I would like to have a good picture to try and find the original oan or at least one that looks alike.

The engine was completely rebuilt in 2007 (new cilinder, new piston, rod, all gearings) and instead of the Dellorto a Mikuni carburettor was mounted.
    The bike was used 3 or 4 times and then the previous (first) owner bought a TE 450 and never used it again. Yesterday I picked it up, renewed gas (without even cleaning) and after 3 intents it fired up.
    The engine runs as new, (very smooth and quiet) but is maybe lacking a bit of top power.
    It is very smooth and has no flat spots but I expected it to be stronger at top end. I suspect maybe the power valve (HTS) to be not well adjusted or not opening completely.
    I know want to revise the entire bike and service it properly.
    I have been looking in internet for service mannual but haven´t been able to find one. Also looked for GAS GAS enducross 250 or the Cagive 250 WMX, which is exactly the same engine but couldn´t find anything more that a spare parts list.

Can anyone help me out?
    If no mannuals available, please indicate the following:

gearbox oil, type and quantity
    can the power valve be adjusted/controlled on well functioning
    aftermarket exhaust?

Thanks for any input

Crono
  2. tommie d Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Twenty one and counting
    Other Motorcycles:
    Two Honda's
  3. Crono Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks Tommie, but that was the first thing I did and unfortunately I couldn´t find were I was looking for.

Crono
  4. luvwoods Husqvarna
    AA Class

5. Hwy Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '86 510TX / '90 250WXE / '87 510TE
    Other Motorcycles:
    '04 KTM 525MXC / '91 KTM 300DXC
    As per your request:

Can anyone help me out?
    If no manuals available, please indicate the following:

gearbox oil, type and quantity 750cc AGIP Rotra SX (SAE 75 W90)
    can the power valve be adjusted/controlled on well functioning
    aftermarket exhaust? Yes, your "CTS" valve can be adjusted, but consult your manual or dealer - it requires a special tool (tool code nr. 46412) The "CTS" opens at 5500 rpm.
  6. QUATTRO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello,

I have also an cr 250 from 1991 just buyed it. Have anyone a idee where i can get big-end bearrings etc etc.
    also looking for a piston 69,94mm std cilinder is still 70,00 mm after 21 years :-)
  7. CagivaWMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

The 1991 CR 250 looks like this. This bike was available in Europe in 1990 but not in the US. In the US for 1990 we got the 1989 Cagiva 250 with Husqvarna logos. I'm not sure of the story.

I found some information when I was searching for a piston for my '88 Cagiva 250. The standard piston is made by Vertex. It is available from Vertex...part number 21757. Wossner also has a piston 69.95 for 87-91 HVA/Cagiva 250. The number is 8199DA. The main bearings are simple to find: 6305 TN9 C4.

On the bottom of your cylinder there is a letter code, A, B, C, D, E, F. This same letter is also on your piston to determine to correct size between 69.950-69.975

[IMG]
    cheko7 likes this.
  8. QUATTRO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks

the one on the picture i have :)
    It has is original piston inside with husqvarna and vertex logos and it is an A 69.94.
    we can get 69,95 B but than i have 0,005 it is a litte tight.
    Thanks for the info's maybe you now where too find seat cover?

marco