1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 1992 wr360

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by icebergstu, Oct 30, 2010.

1. icebergstu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300/TE610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 CT110 XR100
    Hey peoples,

I am in the mood for buying and a fairly clapped out 1992 WR360 has come up that has been stored for the last 3 years.

With weeping fork seals, faded plastics, shot wheel bearings but a good (apparently) motor and gearbox and very low Ks, I was thinking about grabbing this thing for about $1000 bucks.

I cant find any specs on the bike at all. Dont know what type of forks it has, what carbie or anything really.

Was this model still made in Sweden?

Are they 4, 5 or 6 speed?

My Old School Husky Mechanic will kill me when he finds out but then again hes set to make some good $$ off me too.

If you have one, have had one or know heaps about them can you give me some info before I either make a big mistake or become a legend in my local trail riding world.

I can road register this bike in my State in Australia too, so its a bonus and it will be vintage in a couple of years so I will be able to compete in Vinduro's too. I will be in the old bastard with an old bike class which suits me.....

Cheers

Stu
  2. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

That was my first Husqvarna. It is made in Italy and was a pretty cool bike at the time. It had Showa Suspension and I think the fork seals are the same as say a '90 Suzuki RMX. It also had Nissin brakes and the rear was off some Yamaha ATV (I think). The issue I remember was that the rear brake pins would wear causing play in it and you had to get a rebuild kit which was hard to do from Husky back in the day. Again I think we used something from Yamaha. Motor was really good on mine, plenty of power and not as violent as some of the later ones. Pretty sure it was a 6 speed. I rode that bike a ton but don't remember what gearing it had. Good Times.
  3. icebergstu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300/TE610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 CT110 XR100
    Thanks for the feedback mate.

starting to dig around and find a bit more out about these things before I buy one but there are not too many people who have owned one or know much about them unfortunately.

If I buy it I will post up.

Stu
  4. colemanapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had a 93 for several years and sold it a friend who's had it the last 6 years. The only thing that was major was the ignition system. Replaced it with a PVL and its been great. No pistons, clutches have ever been replaced. Mikuni carb, same as on my 02 360. In fact, the motor is the same. Only other replacements were tires, chain, sprocket, fork seals and yes, rebuilt rear caliper. Nice wide ratio 6 speed too.
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I will be looking at a 93 WXC360 next week. He's asking $1,500.00 it has new fork seals, new tires, chain, sprockets, seat cover, and plastics. It looks good in the pics but like you I know nothing about the older Huskys. Let us know if you get it what you think please.
  6. icebergstu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300/TE610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 CT110 XR100
    Will do mate!

Thanks mate, that has given me all the inspiration I need to grab this thing I reckon.

Cheers

Stu
  7. icebergstu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300/TE610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 CT110 XR100
    Just in case you wanted any info on these bikes, I posted this same question on www.dirtbikeworld.net in the Husqvarna Section.

Here is the response:

Stu