1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 1992 WXC 360 update

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by gmoon, Jun 15, 2016.

1. gmoon Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1992 wxc 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    1987 xc 250
    So I finally got the bike running, it turned out that the key holding the flywheel in place had broken and it was not timed right. The bike runs great now, but their are still two problems. first of all the bike leaks oil out of the engine overflow/breather tube when running, or right after running. I might have put to much oil in it, could this be causing the dropping? Second the bike seems to be getting really hot. I took it a few laps around my yard and touch the top of the radiator, it was very hot. I changed the fluid but it still is getting hot. Any ideas?
  2. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    is the bike full of coolant? are the radiators getting hot?

yes, of course if you over fill the lower end it will likely come out of the vent. hopefully coolant isnt making its way into the lower end...
  3. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    The oil level should be halfway up the sight window, is there excessive pressure at the overflow pipe if so your crankseal may be duff.

As for heating up the bike holds about a liter of coolent all you can really check is the water pumps working and thats by starting the bike from cold and revving the thing with rad cap off should see a vortex.
    Also make sure the rads heat up right too the bottom.
    The system draws from the bottom and heats the top first.
    Well mine seems too anyway.
  4. gmoon Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1992 wxc 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    1987 xc 250
    I figured out the problem...turns out that the oil seal and bearing was bad in the water pump, coolant from the radiators were leaking in through the seal, and was filling up the lower end with water...replaced the bearing, and oil seal today, and all seems to be working good. The bike rips now so I just have to find some new trails. Thanks for all the help@
    Miezie666, Dauer and juicypips like this.