1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 1995 (CR?) 250 "barn find". Worth the money?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by mattmcphail, Jul 26, 2011.

1. mattmcphail Husqvarna
    AA Class

I found this 1995 250. The guy will give it to me for $150-200. Worth the money? Looks as though it's only missing the carb. He says it needs rings, I assume the whole motor will need to be gone through. Is it worth the time / money / effort?

Opinions?

Thanks,
    Matt
  2. mattmcphail Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok...nevermind....after a little further research, this is a Cagiva. Just has a Husky seat cover. I don't think I'd ever find parts for that thing!
  3. mattmcphail Husqvarna
    AA Class

Now I'm thuroughly confused Did Husky's have Cagiva engines for a few years? Are the motors the same therefore parts / gaskets interchangeable etc?
  4. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Huskys have lots of cagiva stamped parts, afterall they were owned by cagiva. Do you have a VIN ? Most likely the bike is a WXC/WXE husky.
  5. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I also do not think cagiva dirt bikes were imported in 1995.
  6. colemanapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think you're going to find its pretty much the same motor they are using now.
  7. mattmcphail Husqvarna
    AA Class

It's about 45 mins away so I'm trying to gather info before I go check it out. The guy is supposed to be sending the the VIN soon and then I'll reference that on Huskyclub.com. My thoughts are at that price I could part it out and probably make a few bucks. It has excel wheels etc.

I meant to post this pic. Of all the pics I've looked up on line the tank, shrouds, and number plates match the Cagiva and are slightly different than the Husky. I'm also perplexed by the conventional forks which neither seemed to have.
    [IMG]
  8. mattmcphail Husqvarna
    AA Class

Here's and 89 Cagiva WMX250. Between the plastics and blue frame I'm convinced it's a Cagiva with a Husky seat cover. Still not sure about the forks unless they aren't original.
    [IMG]
  9. colemanapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Looks alot like my 88 cagiva/husky 125. You're probably not looking at 95, more like a 88-90. Check Halls cycles to see if they have rings for it. It probably had a dellorto carb and those sucked.
    [IMG]
  10. mattmcphail Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's definitely the closest I've seen to it. The frame number is zggcbxcx003591. I looked on huskyclub.com but it didn't match, however there were a lot of models they didn't have numbers for either.
  11. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

it looks alot better than the pile i bought for 120 bucks hahaha
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    150 bucks I'd go with it, you can always part it,,,,but think how cool it will be in restored glory.
  13. mattmcphail Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm pretty sure I want it, I just can't confidently identify the model yet. I'm going to call Hall's today and see If they can help.
  14. mattmcphail Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok, so according to Hall's it's a 1990 Cagiva WMX250 with the wrong forks on it. I can get it for $125. I think I'll jump.
  15. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    $125......selling the rims alone is worth that!!!
  16. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It would be a cool bike restored. It should be fairly reliable, IF put together correctly. You will have some money in it though! Lets say $1,200.00 for sure. Remember for that much you could grab a 01 YZ 250 or a KDX 200. All depends what you want and if you are going to ride it or restore it and just look at it (like my 1972 Rupp mini-bike hanging over my foosball table in my man cave (bar). Good luck and just think about what the purpose of the bike really is for!