1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 1995 WR 360 big consumption

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by dan.c., Apr 16, 2011.

1. dan.c. Husqvarna

Hello all.
    I own a 1995 wr360 and i am shocked about the consumption.
    The average consumption is 25Litters per 100KM.
    The bike is running fine.
    I know first step is jetting and this is what i am going to do, but does anybody know what is the normal consumption for this bike?
    Thnak you.
  2. timpjr Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    93 WXC 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    EVT America 3000w Scooter
    I have a '93 wxc360, same motor. I thought that I was getting bad consumption at 11liters/100Km. I have A FMF Gnarly pipe, Kehien PJ Carb and 15/50 gearing.

Here's Mine:
    [IMG]
    dirtaddict23 likes this.
  3. Leepet Husqvarna
    A Class

25l/100ks! Holy moley! You must have sprung a leak [IMG] I don't know what my 2000 gets but its in the 10 or 11 range. Mine is stock apart from a 39.5 PWK with a 175 main
  4. dan.c. Husqvarna

I am sure there is no leaking. :))
    I am a 2stroke newbie and i didn't verify the exhaust.
    Now, after some documentation I found out how important is the exhaust and that I have to repack the interior of the final part of the exhaust.
    I am pretty sure that the ex-owner of the bike told me the exhaust is empty. LOL
    I'll do the job next weekend.
  5. dirtaddict23 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nice lookin' bike!
  6. dan.c. Husqvarna

3 pictures of my bike:

Attached Files:

7. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Besides jetting, you may want to check float height. If your float height is off it could be leaking fuel out of the overflow tube while riding. Also check the needle and seat, could be sticking at times.
  8. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Dan.C.....ditch that Dellorto and put a Keihin 38mm PWK Airstriker...you'll get the economy back and more tolerable to elevation/temperature changes not to mention the availability of jet's and needles.....THE best investment made on any 360!!!
  9. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

What makes you think it has a Dellorto?
  10. dan.c. Husqvarna

Hmm...I have no ideea what carb i have. I'll check this weekend.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    My 92 WXC360 has a Mikuni stock. Still going to swap it for a PWK because i love how they work and the Mikuni is warn out.
  12. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    If its a stock 95 then it will have a Dellorto....i've got one :)

Had major drama's with the dellorto being that worn out it became so sensitive to elevation/temperature changes i started to reassemble a NGK dealer with the amount of fouling.
    Kelly, when l owned a 2k 360, l swapped out the stock TM with a TMX from a WR250 with moderate success but l agree with you, Keihin's are so easy to work/setup.

Jay
  13. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sorry to disagree but I thought 1992 and up was the year that the Husky 2 stroke line got Nissin Brakes, Showa Suspension and Mikuni Carbs. I thought 1991 was the last year for the Dellorto on the Husqvarna 2 stroke line. Won't argue that the Keiihn PWK is a easy to jet carb. Owned a '92 and '94 360 and a '95 250.
  14. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    We'll agree to disagree, maybe the american models where shipped with different carbies but in Australia, the 93-95 360's had dellorto's and the 95WR250 had the same, from 96 onwards the TM appeared. In fact here, the 95 model was the half way child as that was the model that came out with Brembo's whilst the 93-94 has nissins, again the forks were different even though they where showa's, likewise with late model 99's that appeared with the 2k plastics etc.

Whatever the case maybe, Dan.C's fuel range will be down to the carb...you fouling plugs Dan.C?
  15. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    OZ must have gotten very different spec bikes than the US, that's for certain! It must be that US spec WXE/WXC 2 strokes were more different than we ever thought!
  16. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    We never has the WXE/WXC here in OZ, only WR's, TE's and CR's.
  17. dan.c. Husqvarna

Ok, so I repacked the exhaust and the consumption dropped to aprox. 20%.

Next is the carb. I didn't saw what model is, I have to take it down from the bike.
    I searched the youtube to find out what exacly I have to do, but is full of scooter carbs.
    Does anyone have a good tutorial about cleaning and jetting a Husky carb?
  18. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    See the jetting database Dan and jetting the carb is no different o any other carb as the theory is the same but here is where it gets challenging. If you have a Dellorto then it is very difficult to find info and that carb, due to age, is likely to be worn and therefore will be extremely frustration.
    My mate bought a 93 WR360 with the dellorto and through hard headiness, he tried in vain to tune the carb but could never get it run right, fouling plugs and huge fuel consumption...$300US later and he bit the bullet and is overjoyed with the Keihin PWK38 AS performance.
    PS. You can't miss the make, it's written on the side.
  19. dan.c. Husqvarna

Ok, i'll check the jetting database.
    For now i don't afford another carb so I have to fix this.
    PS. I really have to wash the bike properly to see the make. :)
  20. dan.c. Husqvarna

And yeah, is a Dellorto.
    It looks ok, the parts are not damaged but I have no ideea how to adjust the float height and how many milimeters should it be.
    Any recomandations beside swaping?